"Dun Laoghaire" Dun Laoghaire by lbhspatriot
Dun Laoghaire Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 81 photos
Dun Laoghaire is a well known town of Dublin County for its woderfull Marina and The Pier. This is a place where the wealthy of Dublin "park" their yachts and where we can go and admire them. It is a place connected with the sea and once you are there a walk on the Pier becomes your daily ritual. Most of Dun Laoghaire is located on a hill, so you can get a seaside view from most b&b (of course from the windows that face East).
Dun Laoghaire has another asset apart from the Sea - its Parks and greens. One of the best known is the "People's Park" that has a nice play area for the children, benches, fountains and a gazebo. This is a nice Park planted with flowers where many locals (and tourists) come to relax.
There is also Clarinda Park with tennis court and one of smaller greens that I particulary enjoy is Crosthwaite Park which is a secluded little park, not as crowded as the popular people's park.
Dul Laoghaire has two major shopping malls, Penneys, Dunness and many little boutiques that make this town a great place to go shopping. There is enough to satisfy a shopoholic for sure!
lbhspatriot's Related Pages
Dun Laoghaire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Ireland"
- "Dunleary (Dun Laoghaire)"
- "Dun Laoghaire - Gate to Dublin"
- "Dun Laoghaire - a town swallowed by a city"
- "Dun Laoghaire"
- "The beautiful port town of Dun Loaghaire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dun Laoghaire
- Hotels in Dun Laoghaire
- Transportation in Dun Laoghaire
- Nightlife in Dun Laoghaire
- Restaurants in Dun Laoghaire
- Shopping in Dun Laoghaire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dun Laoghaire
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Dun Laoghaire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dun Laoghaire
Photos in Dun LaoghaireSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Denmark Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Ireland Intro, 30 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malahide Intro, 16 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valladolid Intro, 15 reviews, 5 photos
- Rathdrum Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Skagen Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Naas Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Florida Intro, 2 photos