"The Labirynth City" Valladolid by lbhspatriot
Valladolid Travel Guide: 228 reviews and 424 photos
Valladolid is know for its history, as it is the former capital of Spain (until 1561), now it is the capital of the province of Valladolid and of the community of Castile and Leon. As this town located in north-central Spain it is a witness to Spanish history, culture and tradition. The Plaza Major is the cities heart and here you can meet fellow tourist or locals and I guarantee you, everyone is up for a chat!
Valladolid due to its place in Spanish history is the home to many recognized characters, one of them is Cervantes who lived here for a short period of time and who created one of his famous novels "Don Quixote" in Valladolid, even today you can sense his presence in the well preserved Casa de Cervates that is open for tourists.
There is another you can visit, as Christopher Columbus died in Valladolid and today you can also visit his House-Museum, where the navigator spend the last years of his life.
There is a lot to see, hear and experience in Valladolid, so enjoy your stay :)
I called this page the Labirynth city as for me Valladolid is nothing but a huge maize! With little alleys, streets that intersect each other it might be confusing to find your way around. But don't hesistate to ask, the locals are friendly and always willing to help.
Once a 17th-century Dominican monastery, built by Fray Juan de Torquemada between 1445 and 1468 the San Pablo is very... more travel advice
This museum contains works of art and archaeology and was created in 1879, the visit is interesting enough as it is... more travel advice
lbhspatriot's Related Pages
Valladolid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A lot of real Spanish charm!"
- "The old capital of Spain!!!"
- "Industrial center with cultural oasises"
- "Valladolid: History, Language, Great people..."
- "The Labirynth City"
- "Valladolid - an Ex-Capital of Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valladolid
- Hotels in Valladolid
- Transportation in Valladolid
- Nightlife in Valladolid
- Restaurants in Valladolid
- Shopping in Valladolid
- Warnings and Dangers in Valladolid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valladolid
- 15 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Valladolid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valladolid
Photos in ValladolidSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Denmark Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Ireland Intro, 30 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malahide Intro, 16 reviews, 11 photos
- Valladolid Intro, 15 reviews, 5 photos
- Rathdrum Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Skagen Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Naas Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Florida Intro, 2 photos