Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Tips by mtcowgirl

Sharm El Sheikh Hotels: 130,495 reviews and 351 photos

Cataract Sharm Resort: Cheap, Clean, and Comfortable!

I stayed in Na'am Bay at the Cataract Hotel in March 2005.

The rooms were simple, very comfortable, and very affordable compared to other resorts around town. Since all we needed was a clean room and a good night's sleep, the hotel was perfect.

The room rate when I stayed was 35 Euros/night including breakfast.

Breakfast was a bit unimaginative, basically the same every morning with boiled eggs, croissiants, cheese & meat slices, and fresh cucumbers/tomatos.

If you are looking for a luxury hotel, the Cataract is not for you...but if you are just looking for a clean and comfortable room, the hotel definitely fits the bill :)

Unique Qualities: The coolest part of the hotel was that the staff left really neat little towel creations on our beds almost every day.

There is a large pool in the courtyard of the hotel.

I heard some people complaining in the lobby of the noise in the rooms located near the Hard Rock Cafe but neither I nor my friend heard a thing while we were there...could just be we were tired after diving?!

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: Next to the Hard Rock Cafe

Phone: 20 69 360 1820

Price: US$20-40

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
Crowne Plaza Resort SHARM EL SHEIKH: Luxury in the Desert The Sharm Plaza Sharm El Sheikh Review

I stayed in the Crowne Plaza Sharm Resort in Sept. 2005.

My room was spacious with a large, comfortable King-sized bed. The bathroom was huge with a large bathtub shower and a huge countertop for all my girlie supplies. The tv was a bit small with poor reception but when you are diving or going to lay on the beach, how much tv do you watch?

The hotel complex is huge...I estimate that it took me nearly 10 minutes to get from my room to the lobby and then another five minutes to get to the gate where the dive shuttle picked me up (due to the bombings a month or so before I went security was very tight and it was a hassle for drivers to make regular pickups).

Getting to downtown was a bit of a pain as there was no shuttle service provided by the hotel. I had to take a taxi at 60LE each time I wanted to go to town. The drive to town was about 10 minutes and not comfortably walkable.

For people who just want to kick back and relax on the beach, only leaving the hotel a couple of times during their stay, the Crowne Plaza is a great choice!

But for those who like to dive or snorkel and are using a center in the downtown, I wouldn't recommend staying at the Crowne Plaza. It's just too far away and you have to do transport by shuttle or taxi all the time.

Unique Qualities: With several pools, the hotel can easily accomodate all of its guests without becoming over crowded. I had a nice pool-view room and there were rarely more than a few people in the pool at any one time. The unfortunate part is that because there are so many pools in the complex, there is no pool bar drink service. That'd make things perfect!

There is one pool near the beach that has a great view of the sea. There's a bar/restaurant near the pool so drink service may be available.

When I went, there was no high speed internet service available in the rooms. I have read that since then the hotel has installed it and the initial fee is 60LE. Being that I was studying at the time of my vacation and needed internet, I'm happy to know that the hotel has upgraded its internet!

Address: Pacha Bay

Comparison: more expensive than average

Phone: 20-69-3603090

Price: US$40-80

Website: http://www.crowneplaza.com

• Written Jun 6, 2007
Falcon al Diar: Cheap, Clean, and Comfortable!

The best way to describe the hotel was cheap, clean, and comfortable...just perfect for someone who spends their time on a dive boat or out on the town! The room including breakfast was 35 Euros/night...a real deal considering that all we needed was a clean bed to sleep in at night since as divers the rest of our time was spent on the dive boat, at the dive center, at the bar, or eating out!

Breakfast is buffet-style with basically the same food each morning but since there is a good variety, you don't get sick of it after a couple of days. A few of the staples were hard-boiled eggs, crossiants, cheese & meat slices, and sticky sweets.

Unique Qualities: The staff was quite friendly and more than happy to help confirm plane reservations or pass messages to friends.

The courtyard houses a very nice little pool with comfortable padded beds to lay on.

The best place to exchange money, Thomas Cook, is located right outside the lobby door. And if you have too much cash, you can safely leave your belongings in one of the safes in the hotel lobby.

There is a small internet cafe just outside the hotel. Go out the door, turn right and go into the next small hallway. The cost is minimal and you can also purchase phone cards.

Address: Na'ama Bay, Near McDonalds

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: Located in Na'ama Bay near McDonalds. Entrance to lobby to the left of the sign that is on top of building.

Phone: 20 69 600827/8

Price: US$20-40

• Written Jun 6, 2007

mtcowgirl Visits Here Frequently!

mtcowgirl

“So Many Places, So Little Time!”

Badges & Stats in Sharm El Sheikh

Have you been to Sharm El Sheikh?

Visiting Sharm El Sheikh?
Read real reviews about Sharm El Sheikh Hotels!

Friends