"mussoorie" Top 5 Page for this destination Mussoorie by mantru
Mussoorie Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 208 photos
Mussoorie is a city and a municipal board, about 34 km from Dehradun and in Dehradun district in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. This hill station, situated in the foothills of the Himalaya ranges.Being at an average altitude of 2,000 meters (6,600 ft), Mussoorie, with its green hills and varied flora and fauna, is a fascinating hill resort.
The history of Mussoorie dates back to 1825 when Captain Young, an adventurous British military officer, together with a Mr. Shore, the resident Superintendent of Revenues at Dehradun explored the present site and jointly constructed a shooting lodge. This laid the foundation of this holiday resort which now has few rivals. In 1827 a sanitorium was built at Landour, which later became a large cantonment
The name Mussoorie is often attributed to a derivation of 'mansoor', a shrub which is indigenous to the area. The town is in fact often referred to as 'Mansoori' by locals.
above Information from wikipedia
Just follow the road from the mall ..take left from green restaurant.this road leads towards camel's back road.The... more travel advice
mantru's Related Pages
Mussoorie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mussoorie , the 'Queen of Hills'"
- "The Quiet Hill-Station"
- "Mussoorie - An Old Hill Station"
- "Queen of resorts, resort of Kings"
- "Chasing Butterflies in the Doon valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mussoorie
- Hotels in Mussoorie
- Transportation in Mussoorie
- Restaurants in Mussoorie
- Shopping in Mussoorie
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mussoorie
- 4 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Mussoorie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mussoorie
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sikkim Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darjeeling Intro, 47 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jodhpur Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Himachal Pradesh Intro, 18 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jaisalmer Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leh Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Delhi Intro, 14 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Kerala Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Uttar Pradesh Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue