"Hong Kong" Hong Kong by Princess_Emily

Hong Kong Travel Guide: 8,388 reviews and 20,385 photos

Packing and Pictures.

I am growing more and more excited, in the morning we are headed to Hong Kong. Now of course one of us has already packed his suitcase 3 days ago, claims he wants to have his hands and head free in order to be able to concentrate on picture taking, and here he comes, camera in hand and wearing that Virtual Tourist hat that he picked up in Santorini a couple of months ago. When i asked why he was already taking pics when we are not even out of the door yet he just smiled and said something about a packing list tip.

Relaxing.

Before this trip to Hong Kong i was complaining about the weather in Germany:
Cloudy with a chance of rain, daily temperature of around 20°C.
Compare that to the weather we had in HKG:
Cloudy with a 100% chance of a tropical storm, daily temperature of around 31°C, and 91% humidity... some would say "out of the frying pain and into the fire"... LOL.
With those kind of weather conditions who can blame this guy for taking a noon time nap.

The View

One of my Virtual Tourist friends name is "The View" but it's not him that I am talking about here.
It is the constant change in scenery that I like the most about Hong Kong, The most famous view of Hong Kong being from the Peak, but for me it's the mix of ocean, islands, modern high rise buildings, and fishing villages all mixed together in this tropical climate that appeals the most to me.

• Pros:A town that never sleeps.
  • Cons:A town that never sleeps.
  • In a nutshell:A mixture of many different cultures in a town that is always awake.
  • Last visit to Hong Kong: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 16, 2008

• loisl's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Princess Emily, I'm sure you had lots of fun at Micky Mouse! Cheers Peter

• Aug 17, 2007 at 10:42 AM

My Dear Princess Emily, whew! I just had a wonderful virtual tour of your Disney Hong Kong. Your tips are really helpful! Thank you so much for sharing.

Princess_Emily

“Hello”

Badges & Stats in Hong Kong

Have you been to Hong Kong?

Latest Activity in Hong Kong