"Koh-Samui" Ko Samui by Princess_Emily

Ko Samui Travel Guide: 1,132 reviews and 2,491 photos

My first ever trip to Asia FRA-HKG-USM in May 2005

As this was to be my first ever trip to Asia my Dad put a little extra effort into creating 3 photo albums of this outing.
Be it good or bad, the photo albums he used have self sticking pages which does make it easier to mount the pics in the albums, BUT it's almost impossible to pull your pics out again later (2 years later) when one wants to scan them in in order to use them on VT.
Well to get around this small problem, we just scanned in the whole page.
It is a 12 hour flight from Frankfurt to Hong Kong, on-board i found plenty of things to do, for example, walking the isles with the other children, playing the video games, and watching movies on my own personal screen, i even slept for a couple of hours but that did not help much in fighting off the jet lag that set in on the second leg of my journey.
Special thanks to Outforlunch for the video.
Samui Shorts

Second leg of my first Asia trip.

As i remember it, we had a 3 hour layover in Hong Kong, my parents, being the experienced travelers that they are decided it would be better not to run off to town on this trip, so we just hung out at the airport until our next flight was ready to go.
The flight HKG-BKK took 3 hours, about 1 hour into the flight i was in never never-land with the sandman, and we still had one more layover in Bangkok with another 1-2 hour flight to Samui.

Bangkok - Koh-Samui

In Bangkok we had to transfer from the international terminal to the domestic terminal, that meant going outside and waiting for the shuttle bus to show up.
The heat and the noise that greeted us when we stepped out of the terminal was a shock, a pleasant shock, because i knew i was no longer in Germany and then there were all these Thai girls looking and pointing at me, finally one of the girls came over and asked if my Mom would take a picture of me sitting together with them, with the majority, if not all of the Thai people having dark hair, the girls thought i was something special having blond hair. "Golden Places Golden Faces".
The shuttle bus showed up shortly after that and we made it to our hotel on Samui. After being on the road for about 20 hours a shower and a bed never felt so good as on that day.

• Pros:Great weather, Friendly people, lots to do and see.
  • Cons:Can be a little to hot at times.
  • In a nutshell:Swimming Swimming Swimming Eating Shopping Swimming
  • Last visit to Ko Samui: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 3, 2009

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2009 at 5:34 AM

Boats can be very dangerous.

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2008 at 10:21 AM

So a must for a next time to Thailand, thanks Emily, great Ko Samui VT Pages, looking forward to visit this gorgeous place, greets RoyJava

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Next time I eat a banana I will not go near any elephants. Thanks for telling me LOL

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2007 at 6:35 AM

Wow! I have never met a real princess before! very nice page your highness!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Very very nice page Princess Emily It is very difficult sleeping on a plane eh ,that reminds me you do sleep a lot haha .You keep this travelling up and you will have seen the world at age 30 something eh

• TheView's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2007 at 9:04 AM

Very nice page ;-) It was good your Dad was there looking out for you! BTW is he not coming to the meeting next year? or has he just not signed up jet.

Princess_Emily

“Hello”

Badges & Stats in Ko Samui

Have you been to Ko Samui?

Latest Activity in Ko Samui