"The clouds come in at 3 pm every day" Madeira Island by domenicococozza
Madeira Island Travel Guide: 776 reviews and 1,839 photos
Madeira, an offshore island in the Atlantic benifits from a sub tropical climate, which, added to the mountainous terrain guarantees a lot of rain.
Hence, Madeira is smothered in flowers and succulents. Madeira gained international fame in the 19th Century when Madeira wine came into being.
This tradition of wine making has continued to the present day.
A visit to Blandy's in Funchal is very worthwhile. Blandy's have been making madeira wine since the 1800's and you can... more travel advice
domenicococozza's Related Pages
Madeira Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madeira Island - Sculpted by Gods"
- "Madeira - Small archipelago of volcanic orgin."
- "Madeira: spectacular island of tunnels"
- "ISLAND OF FLOWERS"
- "ilha da madeira"
- "An island of flowers and stunning scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madeira Island
- Hotels in Madeira Island
- Transportation in Madeira Island
- Nightlife in Madeira Island
- Restaurants in Madeira Island
- Shopping in Madeira Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Madeira Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madeira Island
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Madeira Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madeira Island
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 30 reviews, 55 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos
- Rome Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos
- Madonna di Campiglio Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Marco Island Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Palermo Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Monaco Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Cortina d'Ampezzo Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Villa Latina Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Sperlonga Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos