Spring Off The Beaten Path Tips by msbrandysue
Spring Off The Beaten Path: 4 reviews and 5 photos
Barbara Pierce Bush (born June 8, 1925) is the wife of the 41st President of the United States, George H. W. Bush and the mother of U.S. President George W. Bush and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush. She is one of only two women to be both wife and mother to US presidents, the other being Abigail Adams. She served as First Lady of the United States from 1989 to 1993, while her husband was President. Previously she had served as Second Lady for eight years. As wife of the Vice President and then President, and continuing after leaving Washington, she supported the cause of universal literacy. (taken from wikipedia)
Because of Texas' love for the Bush family and her undying support for literacy Houston named their Cypress Creek branch library after her. The building is beautiful although crammed into too small a space for my taste.
This is the library I use when I can. I've paid them a lot of money :)
Right when you walk in they have a Friends of the Library room where you can buy second-hand books where all proceeds go to the library. I think they spent too much money on the building on not on the books, as much, so the selections are growing. Attached to the library is a new art museum. I've yet to be but I'll post when I can.
The library has many childrens programs and community programs such as chess nights and book studies. They have internet access for free if looking to get some online time.
Barbara Bush Library is located on Cypresswood Dr. From I-45 N take the Kuykendahl-Rankin Road exit. Go left under the overpass and continue west on Rankin Road to the first traffic light. At the light turn right onto Kuykendahl. Stay on Kuykendahl, crossing FM 1960, to Cypresswood Drive. Cypresswood Drive is approximately two miles north of FM 1960. Turn left on Cypresswood. The library is on the left just past the entrance to Collins Park. (Key Map #330R)
Inside the Spring limits is Klein. It's the district I went to school in and loved. Not until I started traveling did I notice that Klein High School is the sight of a Historical Marker.
Klein began as a farming market made up of German immigrants (you'll notice the names of streets and schools) in 1845. Although it was never named a city it was constructed into its own school district.
More Reviews (31)
msbrandysue's Related Pages
Spring Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HOME SWEET HOME!"
- "The Woodlands, Texas"
- "Welcome to my hometown"
- "delcity's new Spring Page"
- "Don't miss the Mercer Arboretum"
- "Keith Stelter's Writing/Travels/Photography"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Spring
- Hotels in Spring
- Nightlife in Spring
- Restaurants in Spring
- Shopping in Spring
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tacoma Off The Beaten Path
- San Blas
- Godstow Nunnery
- Ventura Off The Beaten Path
- Nakhon Ratchasima Off The Beaten Path
- Tongariro National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Off The Beaten Path
- Beyond the Highway
- Forts / Batteries / Castles
- Wave Rock
- Gastonia Off The Beaten Path
- Purmamarca Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Spring
- 33 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Spring?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Spring
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 54 reviews, 209 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 23 reviews, 162 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 22 reviews, 148 photos, 10 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 40 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Austin Intro, 31 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spring Intro, 33 reviews, 100 photos
- Jacksonville Intro, 15 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues
Latest Spring hotel reviews
- Drury Inn And Suites Houston The Woodlands
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Residence Inn By Marriott Woodland Ii
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- La Quinta Houston Woodlands
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Americas Best Value Inn-Spring/Houston
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Homewood Suites Houston-Woodlands
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Crossland Houston The Woodlands
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013