"Roadside Stop Made Famous" Madisonville by msbrandysue

Madisonville Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos

Why Do I Come?

Madisonville is a small town on I-45 closer to Houston but in between Dallas/Houston so there is a lot of traffic generated here as one of the major exits for meals, snacks and bathroom breaks.

I come here often as I go (from Houston) to Dallas or my aunt?s lakehouse frequently. When going with friends they usually ask to stop here because of the Buc-ee?s that was put in about a year ago, in 2010. Buc-ee?s is widely popular in Texas as one of the best gift/non-truck stop there is. Though it doesn?t allow 18 wheelers it?s the best place to stock up on snacks, sandwiches and they have the cleanest, and the largest amount of restrooms offered between the two Metroplexes.

My Favorite Part

When stopping in Madisonville you have to head to Buc-ee?s and get some beaver nuggets! It?s like a Cornpop but with more sugar. Yummy! The bathrooms are amazing and they have a good selection of goodies and beef jerky for the trip.

Surprise Attraction

I haven?t explored Madisonville more than the stop off the Interstate. But I?m hoping to do so one day?Besides Buc-ee?s they also have a few other fast food places if you?re looking for fast food (which I love, bad habit).

• Pros:Highway access, bathroom breaks
  • Cons:Not much else to see, gas can be higher than in Houston
  • Last visit to Madisonville: Nov 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

msbrandysue Visits Here Frequently!

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Badges & Stats in Madisonville

Have you been to Madisonville?

Photos in Madisonville