"Home, Home on the Range" Top 5 Page for this destination Houston by msbrandysue
Houston Travel Guide: 1,246 reviews and 2,138 photos
I moved here because my parents both live here. The school district I currently work with offered me a job the first time I walked into a job fair. And I went to high school here. Although I do feel very far away from the rest of the USA I do enjoy it here. I'm not going to live here the rest of my life but I am going to enjoy each day I can and try to give you some great information about my home!
Alike Dallas, Houston has many different counties around it. So if you are not staying directly downtown then check out the Houston Map in my travelogue and check out the other cities I have posted tips on!
Spring My Home!!!
Galveston If you have the time to see the beach! It's about an hour south.
My favorite part is all that the city has to offer. Big name musicians come here, famous restaurants open up sister shops here, big shopping, variety of people, etc, etc. It's right beside Galveston, a.k.a. the beach. It just has everything you could ever want!
I have lived in Houston for a total of 7 years now. In all that time I never knew about The Menil Collection art museum. I'm not really big on art but I enjoyed the private museum around downtown. The people are very respectful and the amount of pieces there is really amazing. It is also a place in the New York Best Seller 1000 Places To See Before You Die...so you know it's not just me who enjoys it!
- Pros:Variety, abundance, ME!! :)
- Cons:Rains daily, Humidity impossible for hair, traffic, big
- In a nutshell:Houston, we have a problem!
Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens is a part of a the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, but in a completely different area. It... more travel advice
ITZ is a "family fun center" that recently opened off of I-249 and FM 1960 in North Houston. Mostly made up of... more travel advice
- You Never Know Whatcha Gonna Get...
- See All Houston Rockets Game
- See All Small Specialty Shopping-Something...
- See All Live Billboard
msbrandysue's Related Pages
Houston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "H-Town, Texas! My Hometown!"
- "Houston, Texas; Beyond Oil, Heat and Space"
- "Home, Home on the Range"
- "Hidden Huston"
- "Houston: Home to the Rodeo and Oil Business"
- "Houston, Texas"
- "4th Largest City in the USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Houston
- Hotels in Houston
- Transportation in Houston
- Nightlife in Houston
- Restaurants in Houston
- Shopping in Houston
- Warnings and Dangers in Houston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Houston
- 54 Reviews
- 209 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Houston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Houston
Photos in HoustonSee All Photos (209)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 54 reviews, 209 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 23 reviews, 162 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 22 reviews, 148 photos, 10 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 40 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Austin Intro, 32 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spring Intro, 33 reviews, 100 photos
- Jacksonville Intro, 15 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues