"Home, Home on the Range" Top 5 Page for this destination Houston by msbrandysue

Houston Travel Guide: 1,253 reviews and 2,158 photos

Why Did I Come??

I moved here because my parents both live here. The school district I currently work with offered me a job the first time I walked into a job fair. And I went to high school here. Although I do feel very far away from the rest of the USA I do enjoy it here. I'm not going to live here the rest of my life but I am going to enjoy each day I can and try to give you some great information about my home!

Alike Dallas, Houston has many different counties around it. So if you are not staying directly downtown then check out the Houston Map in my travelogue and check out the other cities I have posted tips on!

North Houston
Spring My Home!!!
Tomball
The Woodlands
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
South Houston
La Porte
Texas City
Kemah
Galveston If you have the time to see the beach! It's about an hour south.

My Favorite Part

My favorite part is all that the city has to offer. Big name musicians come here, famous restaurants open up sister shops here, big shopping, variety of people, etc, etc. It's right beside Galveston, a.k.a. the beach. It just has everything you could ever want!

Surprise Attraction

I have lived in Houston for a total of 7 years now. In all that time I never knew about The Menil Collection art museum. I'm not really big on art but I enjoyed the private museum around downtown. The people are very respectful and the amount of pieces there is really amazing. It is also a place in the New York Best Seller 1000 Places To See Before You Die...so you know it's not just me who enjoys it!

• Pros:Variety, abundance, ME!! :)
  • Cons:Rains daily, Humidity impossible for hair, traffic, big
  • In a nutshell:Houston, we have a problem!
  • Last visit to Houston: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 28, 2008

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Brandy, thanks for your brilliant page!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Great tips!

• Segolily's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2009 at 8:47 AM

You should be a top five page. Great information.

• DennyP's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Hi...Great page with really informative tips on things to see and do in Houston...thanks for sharing....Denny..

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Excellent tips! A Top 5 page! You did a wonderful job in incorporating some wonderful things to see and do. You have a fabulous weekend!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Interesting Meni Collection in Houston! And what a visitor ceneter! I haven't been back to Houston since about 1999 - so will be looking forward to my upcoming 4 visits, Norman :)

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Really helpful Houston page with superb tips. I'll have to come back there : I missed the Menil Collection.

• Max.yoghi's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2008 at 9:06 PM

nice this! but have you ever been driving in Rome? i saw you have been ! so nothing to compare but nice to know anyway! i just moved in Lake Conroe and i would like visit Houston Thank you! Max

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Great Houston page! I am glad to find more tips on Houston restaurants from fellow Houstonians!

msbrandysue

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Badges & Stats in Houston

Have you been to Houston?

Latest Activity in Houston