"When I Say "The Beach" This is It For Me" Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston by msbrandysue
Galveston Travel Guide: 315 reviews and 691 photos
****Much of Galveston was devastated by Hurricane Ike in September 08. Please check all places before visiting as some of them are still closed!!!
I come to Galveston for fun events that are hosted. Also, just to get away from the city of Houston. And then, there's also the wind and the sand and the water that just drowns out all the problems in the world!
The first weekend in December hosts Dickens on the Strand is a Christmas event where people dress up in old Victorian clothes and Galveston, Texas becomes old London, England! January and February hosts Mardi Gras Galveston where the streets become New Orleans with parades and beads galore. It's fun to see it all.....
If you are looking for fun day trips from Galveston you might try La Porte which includes the San Jacinto State Park or Texas City or maybe Kemah.
My favorite part would have to be the laid back, casual, fun, vacation atmoshere that emcompasses Galveston. I love the wind in my hair. I LOVE walking down the beach. Especially at night holding hands......
I have to say Galveston Outdoor Musicals are my definite surprise attraction. After a long day at the beach it's a nice evening to spend watching GREAT theatre outdoors while that favorite wind of mine is still blowing :)
- Pros:Beach, fun, people, attractions still coming
- Cons:Stop lights every frickin' 1/2 a mile
- In a nutshell:Great island getaway!
The Poop Deck...what a name for a place! However, it's a fun bar and place to have a night out. Enjoy the range of... more travel advice
I came into Fish Tales while I was waiting for the Mardi Gras parades. The parades were about 30 minutes away but my... more travel advice
- See All Hurricane Past and Present
- See All Mardi Gras Galveston
- See All Sacred Heart Catholic Church
- Fun in the Sun
Written Jun 18, 2008
Historic Landmarks in the Strand
Written Oct 27, 2008
Unnamed Victorian Houses
msbrandysue's Related Pages
Galveston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "When I Say "The Beach" This is It For Me"
- "GALVESTON IN DECEMBER"
- "Island Living, Texas Style!"
- "Basaic Galveston Page"
- "A city full of history"
- "Keeweechic's Galveston"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Galveston
- Hotels in Galveston
- Transportation in Galveston
- Nightlife in Galveston
- Restaurants in Galveston
- Shopping in Galveston
- Warnings and Dangers in Galveston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Galveston
- 46 Reviews
- 168 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Galveston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Galveston
Photos in GalvestonSee All Photos (168)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 54 reviews, 209 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 23 reviews, 162 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 22 reviews, 148 photos, 10 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 40 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Austin Intro, 32 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spring Intro, 33 reviews, 100 photos
- Jacksonville Intro, 15 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues