"When I Say "The Beach" This is It For Me" Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston by msbrandysue

Galveston Travel Guide: 302 reviews and 665 photos

Why Did I Come??

****Much of Galveston was devastated by Hurricane Ike in September 08. Please check all places before visiting as some of them are still closed!!!

I come to Galveston for fun events that are hosted. Also, just to get away from the city of Houston. And then, there's also the wind and the sand and the water that just drowns out all the problems in the world!

The first weekend in December hosts Dickens on the Strand is a Christmas event where people dress up in old Victorian clothes and Galveston, Texas becomes old London, England! January and February hosts Mardi Gras Galveston where the streets become New Orleans with parades and beads galore. It's fun to see it all.....

If you are looking for fun day trips from Galveston you might try La Porte which includes the San Jacinto State Park or Texas City or maybe Kemah.

My Favorite Part

My favorite part would have to be the laid back, casual, fun, vacation atmoshere that emcompasses Galveston. I love the wind in my hair. I LOVE walking down the beach. Especially at night holding hands......

Surprise Attraction

I have to say Galveston Outdoor Musicals are my definite surprise attraction. After a long day at the beach it's a nice evening to spend watching GREAT theatre outdoors while that favorite wind of mine is still blowing :)

• Pros:Beach, fun, people, attractions still coming
  • Cons:Stop lights every frickin' 1/2 a mile
  • In a nutshell:Great island getaway!
  • Last visit to Galveston: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated May 3, 2009

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Galveston looks absolutely wonderful. So much to see and do here. Your home state is lovely!

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Thanks very much for your documentation of what Galveston was like months before it got hit. I hope they are able to get back on their feet, and I hope some of these wonderful places survived. Their trolley is still on lease to Astoria, Oregon!

msbrandysue Visits Here Frequently!

msbrandysue

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Badges & Stats in Galveston

Have you been to Galveston?

Photos in Galveston