"Beautiful Hill Country" Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg by msbrandysue

Fredericksburg Travel Guide: 203 reviews and 659 photos

Why Did I Come?

My Aunt and I spent our Easter vacation in Austin and Fredericksburg because of the book 1000 Things to See Before You Die :D. I know...I know...I'm obsessed...

But it was a great idea! The land is probably the most beautiful in Texas.

While in Fredericksburg we also traveled to nearby Willow City, Stonewall, and Luckenbach.

My Favorite Part

My favorite part was probably taking the 13 mile Willow City Loop about 10 miles outside of town, towards Llano. It was a bit strange driving on a private road, only really as big as a one-way street. We went around 3-4:00 so there were not many people, but there WERE a bunch of cows!

Surprise Attraction

Cheap Books!! Most people come to Fredericksburg for the shopping. I found some cute things, and most of them were reasonably priced. The furniture stores are abundant, with prices not quite affordable (but that's furniture!). However, I did find a book store that had used books, and many for only $1.

• Last visit to Fredericksburg: Apr 2009
  • Intro Updated Jun 23, 2009

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

What a wonderful city! Glad you encluded the LBJ NHP because it is probably so overlooked like so many parks. Excellent page!

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2009 at 3:33 AM

I've got the book "1000 Places..." too :o) Really cool that it helped you discover Fredericksburg, I've been there twice and really enjoyed the small town atmosphere.

msbrandysue

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Badges & Stats in Fredericksburg

Have you been to Fredericksburg?

Latest Activity in Fredericksburg