"North Dallas Party Town!" Top 5 Page for this destination Denton by msbrandysue
Denton Travel Guide: 90 reviews and 209 photos
I came to Denton to attend the University of North Texas. I'm happy to say that I just left because...I graduated!!! However, the time I spent there was very fun and I wouldn't trade it for anything!
UNT is a great school for music. Coming out of high school singing was my life. I quickly found out that it takes a lot of determination, practice, perseverance and faith to live in the music world. I did not have enough of those qualities so I found myself in education.
I LOVE TEACHING and UNT's School of Education made me the teacher that I am today. I would highly recommend this school if you are living in the Dallas area or want to have a highly competitive music career!
My favorite part of my college career was all the people I met and befriended. I worked hard and played harder! The first year there I made some great friends in the dorms. The next year I joined a sorority and met many more great ladies (and gentlemen)! Then, after I started working and studying in the child care field I met some more amazing people. I love them all!
Denton is changing right now...It's growing and working through growing pains. I think something I took for granted was the night life. Now that I've moved away from a college town I miss everything being open 24hours or until 3am.
They have 24 hour coffee shops, fast food, grocery stores, etc.
They have pizza delivery until 2am, all fast food until then, etc, etc. If you are young or a night owl like me, I think you'll love the hours of operation.
Schlotzsky’s is one of my very favorite places to eat. It’s a sandwich shop that you can take out or eat in the shop... more travel advice
Lucky Lou's is on the ever-changing, yet fabulously famous FRY STREET. Most people here are students of the University... more travel advice
Written Mar 27, 2008
University of North Texas
Written Oct 22, 2007
Distinguished Honors Scholar
msbrandysue's Related Pages
Denton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Denton"
- "North Dallas Party Town!"
- "Small town Big Courthouse"
- "Denton, Texas"
- "County Seat of Denton County, TX"
- "Old Fashioned Courthouse Square"
- "Denton Texas (near Dallas/Ft. Worth)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denton
- Hotels in Denton
- Transportation in Denton
- Nightlife in Denton
- Restaurants in Denton
- Shopping in Denton
- Warnings and Dangers in Denton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Denton
- 12 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Denton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denton
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 54 reviews, 209 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 23 reviews, 162 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 22 reviews, 148 photos, 10 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 40 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Austin Intro, 32 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spring Intro, 33 reviews, 100 photos
- Jacksonville Intro, 15 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues