"North Dallas Party Town!" Top 5 Page for this destination Denton by msbrandysue

Denton Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 177 photos

Why Did I Come??

I came to Denton to attend the University of North Texas. I'm happy to say that I just left because...I graduated!!! However, the time I spent there was very fun and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

UNT is a great school for music. Coming out of high school singing was my life. I quickly found out that it takes a lot of determination, practice, perseverance and faith to live in the music world. I did not have enough of those qualities so I found myself in education.

I LOVE TEACHING and UNT's School of Education made me the teacher that I am today. I would highly recommend this school if you are living in the Dallas area or want to have a highly competitive music career!

My Favorite Part

My favorite part of my college career was all the people I met and befriended. I worked hard and played harder! The first year there I made some great friends in the dorms. The next year I joined a sorority and met many more great ladies (and gentlemen)! Then, after I started working and studying in the child care field I met some more amazing people. I love them all!

Surprise Attraction

Denton is changing right now...It's growing and working through growing pains. I think something I took for granted was the night life. Now that I've moved away from a college town I miss everything being open 24hours or until 3am.

They have 24 hour coffee shops, fast food, grocery stores, etc.

They have pizza delivery until 2am, all fast food until then, etc, etc. If you are young or a night owl like me, I think you'll love the hours of operation.

• Last visit to Denton: Dec 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 3, 2007

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2009 at 2:11 PM

CONGRATS!! That is a wonderful accomplishment and something to always be proud of!! Denton looks like it left you with some wonderful memories. Wonderful page!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Nothing like a pepperoni roll from double dave's

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Cosmic Bowling sounds fun

msbrandysue

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Badges & Stats in Denton