"Blue Bell Country" Brenham by msbrandysue

Brenham Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 25 photos

Why Do I Come?

Living on 290 on the Northwest side of Houston makes Brenham a very valuable commodity for me. It's about a 45 minute drive towards Austin which is a safe distance to feel like I've "gotten away" but not far enough to get tired of the drive.

I've come to Brenham for the following reasons:
-Ellison's Greenhouse has a Poinsettia Celebration
-Blue Bell Factory with my nephews
-Bluebonnets and the Bluebonnet Festival
-Shopping in the Downtown lil shops
-Christmas Home Tour

My Favorite Part

I love when it's bluebonnet time in the spring. They are such a Texas treasure and soooooo beautiful...People from all over Houston come to take pictures in the bluebonnet fields. It's fun to see all sorts of people sitting in the overflowing hills, and sometimes pets too. Just hope the weather goes right for the season. Bluebonnets are veryyyyy testy flowers. It takes the perfect combination of dryness and rain to get the flower to grow in abundance.

Surprise Attraction

I really enjoyed taking my nephews (who were 3 and 1 at the time) to the Southern Flyer Diner. The food was great and Lucas, the 3 year old LOVED the waitresses in their poodle skirts. My family still talks about it today, years later. We even have plans to return when my nephews come to visit next. Don't miss this jewel in Brenham!

• Pros:Small town charm, eateries, close to Houston, bluebonnets, festivals galore
  • In a nutshell:Home of Bluebell Ice Cream!
  • Last visit to Brenham: May 2011
  • Intro Written May 31, 2011

Comments

msbrandysue Visits Here Frequently!

msbrandysue

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Badges & Stats in Brenham

Have you been to Brenham?

Latest Activity in Brenham