"Blue Bell Country" Brenham by msbrandysue
Brenham Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 25 photos
Living on 290 on the Northwest side of Houston makes Brenham a very valuable commodity for me. It's about a 45 minute drive towards Austin which is a safe distance to feel like I've "gotten away" but not far enough to get tired of the drive.
I've come to Brenham for the following reasons:
-Ellison's Greenhouse has a Poinsettia Celebration
-Blue Bell Factory with my nephews
-Bluebonnets and the Bluebonnet Festival
-Shopping in the Downtown lil shops
-Christmas Home Tour
I love when it's bluebonnet time in the spring. They are such a Texas treasure and soooooo beautiful...People from all over Houston come to take pictures in the bluebonnet fields. It's fun to see all sorts of people sitting in the overflowing hills, and sometimes pets too. Just hope the weather goes right for the season. Bluebonnets are veryyyyy testy flowers. It takes the perfect combination of dryness and rain to get the flower to grow in abundance.
I really enjoyed taking my nephews (who were 3 and 1 at the time) to the Southern Flyer Diner. The food was great and Lucas, the 3 year old LOVED the waitresses in their poodle skirts. My family still talks about it today, years later. We even have plans to return when my nephews come to visit next. Don't miss this jewel in Brenham!
- Pros:Small town charm, eateries, close to Houston, bluebonnets, festivals galore
- In a nutshell:Home of Bluebell Ice Cream!
Schlotzsky’s is one of my very favorite places to eat. It’s a sandwich shop that you can take out or eat in the shop... more travel advice
msbrandysue's Related Pages
Brenham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brenham in Spring"
- "Blue Bell Country"
- "Brenham, Texas: Home of Blue Bell Ice Cream!"
- "Monastery of St. Clare"
- "Basaic Brenham Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brenham
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Brenham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brenham
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 54 reviews, 209 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 23 reviews, 162 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 22 reviews, 148 photos, 10 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 40 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Austin Intro, 31 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spring Intro, 33 reviews, 100 photos
- Jacksonville Intro, 15 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues