"Highlights of OKC" Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City by msbrandysue

Oklahoma City Travel Guide: 380 reviews and 708 photos

Why Did I Come??

When I told people I was traveling to Oklahoma City they asked, "WHY?!?" I came here with my Aunt because we both love the book 1000 Places To See Before You Die. I made it into a simple weekend trip. My aunt takes care of my 80 year old grandma so it was close, cheap, and only a short time away. You can find the details of the main event in my Cattlemen's review on the restaurant tips.

My Favorite Part

I was blown away with the power emanating from the National OKC Memorial and Museum. This tragedy meant a lot to me because I watched it from the beginning to the end. I was actually 11 when it happened. I was home sick and saw it as soon as I turned on the television that day. I spent the majority of the day watching it and talking to my mom on the phone. This memorial is the best I have ever seen. It really is an American Pride as well as a tale of International Respect and Tolerance. It really makes you realize the violence in this world is not just a movie. It also demonstrated to me that America needs to look inside its own for a good reality check.

Surprise Attraction

I had no idea about the Bricktown Plaza but I really enjoyed it. It would definitely be a spot I would return to frequently if I lived near the city. It is very up in the air, lots of variety, anyone can really fit it. It's a great way to enjoy the day/night in a very laid back way.

I didn't take any pictures of this plaza :( so the picture is courtesy of www.okccvb.org

• Pros:Laid back, southern, memorial, country, friendly people
  • Cons:Freeway on-ramps, road construction
  • In a nutshell:Gold Ole Southern Charm
  • Last visit to Oklahoma City: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jun 25, 2007

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2011 at 8:25 AM

The Cattleman's Cafe looks great and has lots of local history! The OKC Memorial was the first thing I wanted to see, glad I got to see it. Bricktown is awesome, great tips!

• Jun 18, 2008 at 10:10 PM

One of the famous cities in US

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Welcome to VirtualTourist, and thanks for posting the tip and travelogue on the OKC National Memorial and Museum.

msbrandysue

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Badges & Stats in Oklahoma City

Have you been to Oklahoma City?

Latest Activity in Oklahoma City