"Highlights of OKC" Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City by msbrandysue
Oklahoma City Travel Guide: 382 reviews and 734 photos
When I told people I was traveling to Oklahoma City they asked, "WHY?!?" I came here with my Aunt because we both love the book 1000 Places To See Before You Die. I made it into a simple weekend trip. My aunt takes care of my 80 year old grandma so it was close, cheap, and only a short time away. You can find the details of the main event in my Cattlemen's review on the restaurant tips.
I was blown away with the power emanating from the National OKC Memorial and Museum. This tragedy meant a lot to me because I watched it from the beginning to the end. I was actually 11 when it happened. I was home sick and saw it as soon as I turned on the television that day. I spent the majority of the day watching it and talking to my mom on the phone. This memorial is the best I have ever seen. It really is an American Pride as well as a tale of International Respect and Tolerance. It really makes you realize the violence in this world is not just a movie. It also demonstrated to me that America needs to look inside its own for a good reality check.
I had no idea about the Bricktown Plaza but I really enjoyed it. It would definitely be a spot I would return to frequently if I lived near the city. It is very up in the air, lots of variety, anyone can really fit it. It's a great way to enjoy the day/night in a very laid back way.
I didn't take any pictures of this plaza :( so the picture is courtesy of www.okccvb.org
- Pros:Laid back, southern, memorial, country, friendly people
- Cons:Freeway on-ramps, road construction
- In a nutshell:Gold Ole Southern Charm
Schlotzsky’s is one of my very favorite places to eat. It’s a sandwich shop that you can take out or eat in the shop... more travel advice
Let's start from the beginning shall we? :) The small stockyards (old town) that it is in is simply adorable. I was... more travel advice
msbrandysue's Related Pages
Oklahoma City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City With An Odd Childhood"
- ""Oklahoma City is mighty pretty""
- "Highlights of OKC"
- "The Renaissance City - Oklahoma City"
- "Oklahoma City"
- "National OKC Memorial and Museum"
- "Oklahoma City Looks Oh So Pretty?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oklahoma City
- Hotels in Oklahoma City
- Transportation in Oklahoma City
- Nightlife in Oklahoma City
- Restaurants in Oklahoma City
- Shopping in Oklahoma City
- Warnings and Dangers in Oklahoma City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oklahoma City
- 18 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Oklahoma City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oklahoma City
Photos in Oklahoma CitySee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 54 reviews, 209 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 23 reviews, 162 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 22 reviews, 148 photos, 10 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 40 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Austin Intro, 32 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spring Intro, 33 reviews, 100 photos
- Jacksonville Intro, 15 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues