Las Vegas Restaurant Tips by msbrandysue

Las Vegas Restaurants: 1,220 reviews and 1,346 photos

My Favorite Sandwich - Las Vegas
Schlotzsky's: My Favorite Sandwich Quark's Bar and Restaurant Review

Schlotzsky’s is one of my very favorite places to eat. It’s a sandwich shop that you can take out or eat in the shop with plenty of tables always available. It’s a bit pricier ($6-7 for a sandwich) than most other sandwich shops but definitely worth it.

It's a place where you order at the counter, then wait for your food and pick it up when they call your number. It's very casual and I'm sure you'll love the food! Or you can go through the drive-through just as easily.

Hours of operation
Mon-Sat: 10:30am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-7:00pm

Favorite Dish: The highlight is the sandwiches. They make it with thick sourdough bread and very thinly sliced meat. Then they sprinkle cheese (the best is a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella) on one piece of bread and run it through an oven conveyor belt. Therefore the sandwich is warm and very tasty. The Original is their signature sandwich and comes with: “Home of The Original® Sandwich. Lean smoked ham, Genoa and cotto salamis, and melted cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses layered with black olives, red onion, lettuce, tomato, mustard and our signature dressing on toasted Sourdough bread.” (From the website.)

Their sandwiches are quite large. I’ve never ordered a large, the mediums are quite enough when you’re at your hungriest.

Their original chips are delicious! Their pizzas are as well. The cheese and pizza is definitely worth trying, also cooked on a sourdough. The bbq chicken looks just as good but it’s hard not to get my favorite sandwich, the turkey and cheese.

Address: 5119 W Charleston Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89102

Phone: (702) 877-8768

Theme: Deli

Website: http://www.schlotzskys.com/

• Written Dec 30, 2012
Quick Piece of Pizza Stop - Las Vegas
Bally's: Quick Piece of Pizza Stop Bally Hotel Review

If you're at Bally's heading to/from the pool or the tram you might like to know there's a Sbarro Pizza on the way. When staying at Bally's we actually ordered a pizza here and brought it up to the room. I know Sbarro's is nothing special but when you're living in Buffet-land and restaurants that can bankrupt you it was nice to see a cheaper, familiar face. Both times I visited Vegas I ended up stopping here. Once for a cheap dinner and once for a mid-day snack in between touring hotels.

Hours: 10 AM - 10 PM; Sun-Thurs
10 AM - 11 PM; Fri-Sat

Favorite Dish: Pepperoni pizza

Address: Mall Level of Bally's Hotel

Comparison: least expensive

Directions: Beside Pool area and Tram stop

Phone: (702) 739-4111

Theme: Pizza

Website: http://www.ballyslasvegas.com/casinos/ballys-las-vegas/restaurants-dining/cafe-sbarro-detail.html

• Written Nov 14, 2009
My Wedding Cake Will Be Made Here! - Las Vegas
Jean Philippe Chocolates: My Wedding Cake Will Be Made Here! Paris Hotel and Casino Review

If you come into the Bellagio through the lobby and keep walking past the Conservatory you'll see cascading fountains made of the best stuff on Earth.....CHOCOLATE :)

The cakes on display here are absolutely amazing. If I ever get married my cake(s) will definitely come from here.

And since I've already planned to come here when I turn 30 I'm thinking of getting one for that celebration as well. :)

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
7:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Friday - Sunday
7:00 a.m. - midnight

Favorite Dish: If nothing else, just stop by to look at the amazing chocolate fountains and cakes...

Address: Inside Bellagio Hotel

Directions: Walk past the Lobby and Conservatory

Theme: Dessert

Website: http://www.jpchocolates.com

• Updated Oct 29, 2009
All You Could Ever Want/Eat - Las Vegas
The Buffet at Bellagio: All You Could Ever Want/Eat Bellagio Hotel Review

The Buffet is most known for the dinners, especially on the weekends when they have King Crab, Filet Mignon, etc. But at the price of $50 per person, not including drinks, it made it a bit tricky to talk my dad and aunt into. So I got my way with breakfast, a more economical $20 meal.

However, when I turned 21...so...5 years ago I went for the dinner with my grandma and mom and it was yummy. In fact, I blame Bellagio for giving me my obsession with sushi!

It's very nice. I would highly recommend going at an off-hour before the lines get long. On Fridays and Saturday nights plan to wait (standing) for about an hour. And they don't give you a buzzer thing, either. It's right in front of the casino too so it kinda sucks watching all those people having fun and you're waiting in line for an hour.

But, I digress, back to breakfast. The breakfast was delicious. Anything you could ask for ... in every country. And during breakfast you can continue to bet with the game of Keeno (alike Bingo and/or the lottery.

The only people I wouldn't recommend this for would be....those dieting!

Favorite Dish: My favorite this time would have to be the breakfast pizza, crispy bacon and scrambled eggs. Waffle bars were available too as well as all the fresh fruit you could eat.

Address: Inside the Bellagio

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Follow the signs!

Price: US$41 and up

Theme: Buffet

• Written Oct 28, 2009
Eating among Hollywood Stars - Las Vegas
Planet Hollywood: Eating among Hollywood Stars Planet Hollywood Hotel and Casino Review

Planet Hollywood inside Caesar's Palace reminds me of any other Planet Hollywood I've eaten at. They have plenty of memorabilia from popular movies like Terminator and Field of Dreams.

The food is traditional American. I had a club sandwich and it was great. They have plenty of beer and mixed drinks too if you can't wait for the casinos.

The waitresses were all nice, too.

Favorite Dish: Any of the food choices are good.

Address: Forum Shop in Caesars Palace

Comparison: about average

Rating: 3

Website: http://www.planethollywood.com

• Written Oct 24, 2009
Wasting Away Again... - Las Vegas
Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville: Wasting Away Again... Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville Review

Margaritaville has reached world-renowned fame so there's not much that I can say that hasn't already been said. However, be assured you will have a fun time here. You can get here two ways-through Flamingo's Hotel or on the street across from Caesar's Palace. Each time I've gone there was a bit of a wait. While waiting I headed to the bar to get a drink. So far I've had the margaritas and pina coladas. Both yummy.

The small bar facing the street where walk-ups can come is a waste of time. It takes FOREVER because there's only one or two bartender and way too people people. It's just chaotic and frustrating. And when you're paying for a $7-$15 drink you want it NOW.

However, back to the restaurant. When you get seated you'll be looking around for quite a while. There are planes overhead and part of the booths are an actual sail boat! And there is music.....fun......Jimmy Buffet music! Margaritaville plays every hour on the hour, as well and sing along with the rest of the diners! There are also music videos of Buffetheads playing continuously.

The food is amazing. The burgers and sandwiches are wonderful. And the beer/margaritas you use to wash them down are even better. It's always the first restaurant we hit when returning to Vegas. Last time my aunt even said it's a possibility to eat there every day. And why not ? With the variety....it'd take you a month to taste it all!

And lastly, don't forget to stop by the Gift Shop. They have everything you need to bring back something fun to the family/friends. My favorite: The motto on many items: The weather is here. Wish you were beautiful. Hahaha!

Love the hours!!
Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 8am - 2am, Friday and Saturday: 8am - 3am

Favorite Dish: The burgers and sandwiches......but it's the drinks that are AMAZING!

Address: 3555 Las Vegas Blvd. So.

Comparison: about average

Directions: Connected to the Flamingo Hotel on the Strip

Phone: 702.733.3302

Website: http://www.margaritavillelasvegas.com/

• Written Oct 5, 2009
Saltgrass Steakhouse: Great Steaks Golden Nugget Hotel Review

When Saltgrass first started expanding their franchises I hated steak. Yea, yea, I wasn't even a teenager though. So I started with the kids menu and have worked myself up to the best steak in the place.

The restaurant is authentic country. The decor ranges from televisions with the game on, deer heads, bear heads, license plates and other country decor. They have a full bar and eating area. The tables are covered in white linens and the waitors wear tuxedo shirts and long white aprons.

I recently went here for my birthday lunch and was surprised to have been given a black napkin and silverware. I think the waitress saw the confusion on my face and said that I was given the black one because my dress pants were black and it was to protect them. Isn't that wonderful? I thought it was very thoughtful of them.

Although steakhouses in Vegas can be outrageously priced you will get an acceptable price here.

Pictures to come soon...

Favorite Dish: The food is delicious!! I would highly recommend the Maudene's Filet. 7oz. is more than enough for me but I believe there is a 10oz. cut as well. It comes with your choice of side (potatoes a few different ways or veggies) along with onion rings on the side. It's soooooo good!!!! When you order a steak you also get a choice of soup or salad. Both are delicious.

You get complimentary bread with fantastic tasting butter. So great.

When you order tea they bring out your own jar of tea so that you can refill your own glasses. My dad likes that.

Address: 2300 South Casino Drive

Directions: In the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino

Phone: 702/298-7153

Price: US$21-30

Theme: Steakhouse

Website: http://www.saltgrass.com

• Written Jul 31, 2007
Chili's: Easy Going...Good Food Tips for Great Food for your buck Review

Chili's is considered by some as "fast food." It is a sit-down restaurant with a very laid back atmosphere. There is food and a full service bar. Children are usually present as well as good times. This is one of those places where you can find anything for anyone so it ends up being somewhere I go A LOT, especially with family and big groups. If you're in a rush this place usually serves your food in around 15-20 minutes. Of course, you can also get it to go as they offer their full menu in a To-Go option.

The hours are not listed on the website but I've always been able to get in before 11pm. They are open even later on weekends.

This is a chain of restaurants so be sure to type in your hotel's address on the website to find the one nearest you. They are all over the area.

Favorite Dish: For an appetizer around $2-3 we get the unending bowl of chips and hot sauce. Their chips are very good. If you want to try something new order a side of ranch and dip them in ranch dressing. Very good! And I used to hate ranch dressing...Since I tried chips with ranch I'm hooked.

For an entree I now get the Quesadilla Explosion. It is a salad with fajita chicken on top, as well as tomatos, corn, beans, etc. They also serve cheese quesadilla squares surrounding the salad. I always get the avacado ranch with it. Yummmmy!

If you don't do salads the grilled chicken sandwich is good. It comes with honey mustard, melted swiss cheese, and bacon on it. The chicken quesadillas are also very good. Chili's is quite famous for their baby back ribs, if you'd like to try those.

Picture to come soon...

Address: 2520 S Decatur Blvd.

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: South Las Vegas Strip (one of them there are three on the strip alone)

Phone: 702-871-0500

Website: http://www.chilis.com

• Written Jul 31, 2007
Cheesecake Factory: Always Superior Cheesecake Factory Review

The Cheesecake Factory encompasses it all. It has a fun atmosphere, great bar, chic style, nice waiters, great food, and even better dessert. When you hear the name Cheesecake Factory you may think it's only dessert. Oh my goodness, do not make that mistake! The food is absolutely wonderful. The 27 page menu offers variety upon variety. Anything you want is here. Any type of food is available.

And, yes, you have to have some cheesecake. I believe they have over 50 types of cheesecakes with other desserts including cakes and pies.

Not in the mood to sit in a nice dining area? Take some to go! You can order any of the food and dessert to go if you would rather relax in your room.

Do not miss this place! It's a great date place, as well, if you want a special evening.

Again, this is a franchise so there are a few restaurants in the area. Check out the store locator on the website to find the one closest to you. If you're staying on the Strip, definitely go to the one inside Ceasar's Palace. If you're away from the strip there is one located at The Shops at Boca Park.

Monday - Thursday 11:10 am - 11:30 pm
Friday 11:10 am - 12:30 am
Saturday 10:10 am - 12:30 am
Sunday 10:10 am - 11:30 pm

Picture coming soon...

Favorite Dish: The best appetizer is the avacado eggrolls. I would either order these as a meal, though, or share them with others.
My favorite entree is the spicy chicken nachos (which is actually under the 5 page appetizer menu).
All the cheesecakes are unbelievable!
If you want to order drinks I enjoyed the Mai Tai, and the Godiva Chocolate Martini is strong!

Address: 3500 South Las Vegas Blvd.

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Located in The Forum Shops at Caesars, adjacent to Caesars Palace on the Las Vegas Strip. Far north side of the mall, next to Virgin Records and Nike Town.

Phone: (702) 792-6888

Website: http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Jul 31, 2007
Eating with the mascot! - Las Vegas

Eating with the mascot!

Rainforest Cafe in MGM: Eating in a Rainforest MGM Hotel Review

I am recommending this restaurant because of its delicious, regular, cheaper breakfast. While looking for breakfast in Las Vegas I found extremely expensive coffee and bagels or expensive, strange food. One morning all I wanted was some eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc. without putting $20-$50USD down. Well, in MGM I found what I was looking for!

The Rainforest Cafe is a chain of great restaurants around the United States. There is also one in the MGM Hotel beside the Tiger exhibit. The actual dining area is in the middle of a rainforest. There are (fake) monkeys, elephants, rainstorms, lightening, etc. However, everything in Vegas is bigger, right? So this Cafe is home to a 10,000 gallon saltwater aquarium and tropical waterfalls.

This is a great place to come if you are with little ones. They have a nice kids menu, balloons, and a fun little store.

Definitely the best breakfast I had!

Favorite Dish: The best part of their breakfast is the potato cubes (hash browns?). The seasoning is amazing and they were just AMAZING!! All of it was, really, but those were definitely the best. The bacon was crisp, eggs cooked right, and the fruit was fresh.

If you do come during the day/night you have to get the volcano desert! It comes with a lit firework, sparkler, and it's such a great treat!

Address: MGM Hotel (By the Tiger Exhibit)

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: Las Vegas Strip (Greenish Hotel)

Phone: (702) 891-8580

Theme: Breakfast

Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/dining/rainforest-cafe.aspx

• Written Jul 2, 2007

msbrandysue

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Badges & Stats in Las Vegas

Have you been to Las Vegas?

Latest Activity in Las Vegas