"Cape Fear Coast Line" Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington by msbrandysue
Wilmington Travel Guide: 231 reviews and 402 photos
Wilmington was definitely not what I imagined...The travel book I was reading had this one picture and it turned out completely different.
The truth is...I snuck away here when my family visited my brother in Jacksonville. It's about an hour away from there. I saw it in my 1000 Places to See Before You Die USA. I enjoyed the city but was not able to stay very long as the family tried to come and it was not a good decision. We started the trip going on the Battleship North Carolina so everyone was tired when we actually got to the city.
Looking back on my trip I really enjoy the small aspect of it all. Most of the sites are within walking distance (though plenty of walking is needed). I hope to go back this summer on my way to Connecticut!
My favorite part has to be the old houses and ALL the history around them. Almost all of the houses in the downtown square have some sort of significance and some sign posted. It's almost hard to do everything in a weekend. You hardly know where to look and meanwhile you're probably stepping on something that George Washington's nanny's granddaughter touched! ;)
I walked along the riverwalk boulevard area and was not impressed but right off of the river is a cute area with lots of shop that is sort of like the main street of the downtown area. It has the horses and carriage that you can tour with, funky coffee shops, etc. It's just a nice area to people watch or get a quick snack or some water on a warm day.
- Pros:Historical houses, quirky shops, art
- Cons:Wear comfy shoes!
Red Robin's is more famous for their stacked burgers than anything else... However, my mom and I go there for their... more travel advice
The Latimer House is a bit difference because you don't just tour the inside, it's a meeting place for you to take... more travel advice
msbrandysue's Related Pages
Wilmington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wilmington - Not Just A Beach Area . . ."
- "wilmington, north carolina"
- "Cape Fear Coast Line"
- "Wilmington, NC"
- "The Port City of Wilmington"
- "Wonderful Wilmington!"
- "Wilmington and the Cape Fear Peninsula"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wilmington
- Hotels in Wilmington
- Transportation in Wilmington
- Nightlife in Wilmington
- Restaurants in Wilmington
- Shopping in Wilmington
- Warnings and Dangers in Wilmington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wilmington
- 23 Reviews
- 92 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Wilmington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wilmington
Photos in WilmingtonSee All Photos (92)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 54 reviews, 209 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 23 reviews, 162 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 22 reviews, 148 photos, 10 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 40 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Austin Intro, 32 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spring Intro, 33 reviews, 100 photos
- Jacksonville Intro, 15 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues