"Horse and Vineyard Country" Folsom by msbrandysue

Folsom Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 8 photos

Why Did I Come?

1000 Things to Do Before You Die: American edition spoke about the North Shore-St. Tammany Parish area. Here it talked about the Pontchartrain Vineyard. It was about 20 minutes off the main road but through beautiful horse country. Many signs pointed along the way but the GPS was also a great help. Here I did a wine tasting and learned lots about Louisiana wines.

*Ok, so the backroads of Lousiana in St. Tammany's Parish was way too confusing to know where I really was. My travel book says that it is in Folsom, but the physical address of the vineyard is in Bush, Louisiana. I'm not 100% certain. So, I will use both pages since they are in the same vacinity. Sorry for any inconvenience!

The city is near
Abita Springs
Bush
Covington
Madisonville
Mandeville
Slidell
and north of New Orleans.

My Favorite Part

My favorite part was the yummy white wine I tasted, and then bought. :) I wonder what happened to that....Now, I'm thirsty!

Surprise Attraction

I had never done a wine tasting before. It was making me nauseas to spit out liquid into a community jar where the old man was also spitting. I thought I was going to be sick.....but I made it without completely embarrassing myself. Too may red wines, though. Would have loved more whites. :)

• Pros:Beautiful countryside, wine :)
  • Cons:No gas stations, food, etc
  • In a nutshell:Wine Country
  • Last visit to Folsom: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Jan 3, 2010

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Another fine place to sample some wonderful wines. Thanks for the wonderful tour!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2009 at 7:34 PM

so there is also wine in folsom. i only remember that name from a johnny cash song about a prison.

msbrandysue

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Badges & Stats in Folsom