"New Orleans Alternative" Covington by msbrandysue
Covington Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 67 photos
I came to Covington on my Summer 09 trip to Connecticut. I stopped here because Covington was highlighted in 1000 Things To Do Before You Die: USA Edition.
The city is near
and north of New Orleans.
My favorite part was sitting in Cafe Rani having dinner by myself. It was the beginning of a 3 week trip and I was so excited. The meal was wonderful and I loved the laid back atmosphere and people-watching.
The farmer's market and Trailhead are really fun. Although the place is small and the information is hard to find it's much worth it get in a visit. The statue of Ronald Reagan is really nice. The farmers market was going on while I visited and it was nice to buy lunch from local growers and cooks. Nice afternoon!
- Pros:Lots of restaurants, Great alternative to New Orleans, Downtown
- Cons:Hard to find things on the navigation systems
- In a nutshell:Quiet, relaxing town North of New Orleans
While looking around downtown Covington towards the Trailhead I came up a lonely caboose attached to a building. It was... more travel advice
While at the Trailhead I noticed a nice area where the Tchefuncte River ran through the area. The Covingtonians love... more travel advice
msbrandysue's Related Pages
Covington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "New Orleans Alternative"
- "BluecatCanoe's new Covington Page"
- "My Home Covington, La 70433"
- "Basaic Covington Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Covington
- Hotels in Covington
- Restaurants in Covington
- Shopping in Covington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Covington
- 16 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Covington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Covington
Photos in CovingtonSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 54 reviews, 209 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 23 reviews, 162 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 22 reviews, 148 photos, 10 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 40 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Austin Intro, 31 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spring Intro, 33 reviews, 100 photos
- Jacksonville Intro, 15 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues