"Vineyard and Winery Debacle" Bush by msbrandysue

Bush Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 12 photos

Why Did I Come?

1000 Things to Do Before You Die: American edition spoke about the North Shore-St. Tammany Parish area. Here it talked about the Pontchartrain Vineyard. It was about 20 minutes off the main road but through beautiful horse country. Many signs pointed along the way but the GPS was also a great help. Here I did a wine tasting and learned lots about Louisiana wines.

*Ok, so the backroads of Lousiana in St. Tammany's Parish was way too confusing to know where I really was. My travel book says that it is in Folsom, but the physical address of the vineyard is in Bush, Louisiana. I'm not 100% certain. So, I will use both pages since they are in the same vacinity. Sorry for any inconvenience!

The city is near
Abita Springs
Covington
Folsom
Madisonville
Mandeville
Slidell
and north of New Orleans.

My Favorite Part

My favorite part was the yummy white wine I tasted, and then bought. :) I wonder what happened to that....Now, I'm thirsty!

Surprise Attraction

I had never done a wine tasting before. It was making me nauseas to spit out liquid into a community jar where the old man was also spitting. I thought I was going to be sick.....but I made it without completely embarrassing myself. Too may red wines, though. Would have loved more whites. :)

• Pros:Beautiful countryside, wine :)
  • Cons:No gas stations, food, etc
  • In a nutshell:Wine Country
  • Last visit to Bush: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Jan 3, 2010

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Sounds like a tasty time...lol...sorry for the pun:) Bush wine tasting sounds fantastic! Nice page!

msbrandysue

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Badges & Stats in Bush