"Abita Springs" Abita Springs by msbrandysue
Abita Springs Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 51 photos
I came to see the UCM Museum because it makes all the Road Trip books for craziness and it's apart of the entry in 1000 Things to See Before You Die as I was visiting the surrounding areas.
The city is near
and north of New Orleans.
Everything at the UCM Museum was just crazy, off the wall. This giant bass-gator was just crazy. No other words give it any better description. I mean, it's just huge.
There were some things that were hilarious. Others were just collection of junk. But things like this picture were pretty comical.
- Pros:In every Road Trip book, $2 to see everything
- Cons:When no one is around it's kind of eerie
- In a nutshell:A work of art...tacky and brilliant all at the same time
John Preble began his life's work at the UCM Museum, and has created one of the most eccentric works of 'art' and... more travel advice
msbrandysue's Related Pages
Abita Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Abita Springs"
- "BluecatCanoe's new Abita Springs Page"
- "Abita Springs - Home of Abita Beer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Abita Springs
- Transportation in Abita Springs
- Restaurants in Abita Springs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abita Springs
- 3 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Abita Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abita Springs
Photos in Abita SpringsSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 54 reviews, 209 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 23 reviews, 162 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 22 reviews, 148 photos, 10 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 40 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Austin Intro, 32 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spring Intro, 33 reviews, 100 photos
- Jacksonville Intro, 15 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues