Ridgefield Restaurant Tips by msbrandysue
Ridgefield Restaurants: 1 reviews and 3 photos
Chez Lenard was featured in the book 1000 Things to See Before You Die. The gourmet hot dogs are quite the experience. The vendor, who bought the business a few years ago, was very friendly and helped me pick a good hotdog for my tastes. He recommended the "Le Hot Dog Garniture Suisse" which is a hot dog topped with imported Cheese Fondue in White Whine and Kirsch. I was a bit hesitant so I also got a plain hotdog. Then I got a can of Mountain Dew and found a bench across the street and enjoyed my hot dogs while watching the city of Ridgefield pass right by me. It was a definite highlight of my trip. I love those quiet moments of just observing a new place.
The Hot Dog Suisse was absolutely delicious. I was very surprised because I have to admit I was pretty skeptical. But I loved it. It was different but a good different.
I'm not the only one who thinks this, though. The Suisse was featured on Martha Stewart and many other fine dining/gourmet food magazines.
Favorite Dish: Ok, so since I described the food already I wanted to just take a moment and say how impressed I was with the lineage of owners. I have a heart for supporting local small businesses and this Chez Lenard cart is just one of love and appreciation of customers and Ridgefield. I just had to put this quote of the current owner of the stand, Mike Principi
Eh, I tried to copy/paste but the site won't allow. Follow the link to the last paragraph. So refreshing!
Letter to Customers
Address: Main Street
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: The stand is frequently towards the end of Main Street by the CVS/pharmacy. I ate on the bench in front of The Toy Chest.
Phone: (203) 431-1313
Price: less than US$10
Theme: Street Vendor
More Reviews (5)
msbrandysue's Related Pages
Ridgefield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Busy, Modern Little Connecticut Town"
- "300 Years Is a Long Time!"
- "rastaman1's new Ridgefield Page"
- "Was in Ridgefield..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ridgefield
- Hotels in Ridgefield
- Restaurants in Ridgefield
- Shopping in Ridgefield
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cedarburg Hotels
- Limburg an der Lahn
- Chimayo Hotels
- Hradec Kralove Hotels
- Killeen Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ridgefield
- 6 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Ridgefield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ridgefield
Photos in RidgefieldSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 54 reviews, 209 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 23 reviews, 162 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 22 reviews, 148 photos, 10 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 40 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Austin Intro, 31 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spring Intro, 33 reviews, 100 photos
- Jacksonville Intro, 15 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues
Latest Ridgefield hotel reviews
- West Lane Inn
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013