"Busy, Modern Little Connecticut Town" Ridgefield by msbrandysue
Ridgefield Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 35 photos
I came to Ridgefield because it's featured in 1000 Things to See Before You Die: USA Edition. The town is known for it's fun shopping downtown area, the Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum and Chez Lenard, a fancy hot dog stand! I loved all of it, completely.
I'd have to say my favorite part, other than the shopping (DUH!) was Chez Lenard. They had plain hotdogs and then ones featured on Martha Stewart and other culinary publications. I tried LeSuisse with cheese fondue and it was AMAZING.... I bought a can of soda and just sat at a bench across the street and enjoyed a quiet lunch watching the lil town life go by.
The Orange Elephant was a little shop on the main street. They had ONLY children's books!! I loooooooved it. I found these super hero capes and my classroom theme for the upcoming year was super heroes so it was AWESOME. I was so excited.
- Pros:Great shopping, love the hot dog stand, fun museum
- Cons:A bit out of the way, at least an hour to get here from anywhere else
- In a nutshell:Love my little shopping area in NW Connecticut!
This was a very fun stop in Ridgefield. It's actually just about a mile from the downtown shopping area and on the way... more travel advice
The Orange Elephant is a true treasure of Ridgefield. I've always loved children's book stores and often wanted my own.... more travel advice
msbrandysue's Related Pages
Ridgefield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Busy, Modern Little Connecticut Town"
- "300 Years Is a Long Time!"
- "rastaman1's new Ridgefield Page"
- "Was in Ridgefield..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ridgefield
- Hotels in Ridgefield
- Restaurants in Ridgefield
- Shopping in Ridgefield
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ridgefield
- 6 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Ridgefield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ridgefield
Photos in RidgefieldSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 54 reviews, 209 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 23 reviews, 162 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 22 reviews, 148 photos, 10 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 40 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Austin Intro, 31 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spring Intro, 33 reviews, 100 photos
- Jacksonville Intro, 15 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues