"Farmville, Connecticut" Farmington by msbrandysue
Farmington Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 22 photos
I came to Farmington to go to the Hill-Stead Museum that is featured in 1000 Things to See Before You Die: USA Edition.
The house of the Hill-Stead Museum was very beautiful and the house is very nicely presented. I would have loved to live here!! The tour guide was so nice and the small group of Yale students I took the tour with were fun to observe. All of them had been to study in Paris and London lol. It was like being back in that era where the Stead family grew up but I was the silent outsider!
There's not a whole lot to Farmington. I came here a few times, actually, because the one day I came they were closing. But, upon waiting for the Hill-Stead Museum tour I found this great purple flower/ivy growing on the house. It was really neat. This is definitely a place where you take a breath and step back from the fast-paced world I'm used to in Houston.
- Pros:Small town, quiet, nice homes
- Cons:Small town, hours of the museum, not too many restaurants
- In a nutshell:Little Farmington and their famous Hill-Stead Museum
msbrandysue's Related Pages
Farmington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Established in 1645"
- "Farmville, Connecticut"
- "Historic Farmington Connecticut"
- ""Working" in Connecticut - 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Farmington
- Hotels in Farmington
- Transportation in Farmington
- Shopping in Farmington
- Warnings and Dangers in Farmington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Farmington
- 1 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Farmington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Farmington
Photos in FarmingtonSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 54 reviews, 209 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 23 reviews, 162 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 22 reviews, 148 photos, 10 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 40 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Austin Intro, 31 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spring Intro, 33 reviews, 100 photos
- Jacksonville Intro, 15 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues