"Charming little town near Verona" Villafranca di Verona by geismom
Villafranca di Verona Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 77 photos
I had only limited time to explore, but my friend and I took a taxi from the Hotel Antares to the town of Villafranca di Verona, on a Sunday morning. THe stores were closed, but the atmosphere was charming!
There is a Castle at the end of the street, which actually had a carnival set up, inside and out for a big festival at the end of June. The rides certainly diminished the ambiance, but we were free to walk all around the area unrestricted.
This town was perfect for strolling through at a calm and leisurely pace.
This is certainly an interesting feature in this small town. It is located at the end of the main street. One can walk through it, and around the grounds at one's leisure. The surroundings are very beautiful, with lots of trees.
It was quite and peaceful on Sunday morning, but I imagine that things livened up in the evening with the carnival running.
My friend and I attended Mass in this beautiful Duomo in the town of Villafranca di Verona.
The stained glass windows inside are beautiful. The inside is actually quite bright, with the light shining through.
- Pros:Perfect for a quite morning stroll.
- Cons:Modern era carnival rides among the historical buildings
- In a nutshell:Quaint and peaceful
geismom's Related Pages
Villafranca di Verona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Villafranca, not only the airport of Verona"
- "Verona is the real deal"
- "Charming little town near Verona"
- "A "better" visit next time."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Villafranca di Verona
- Hotels in Villafranca di Verona
- Restaurants in Villafranca di Verona
- Shopping in Villafranca di Verona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Villafranca di Verona
- 1 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Villafranca di Verona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Villafranca di Verona
Photos in Villafranca di VeronaSee All Photos (15)
Top 5 Pages
- Montecatini Terme Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Verona Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mantova Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Villafranca di Verona Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.