"Hello dear Travelers!" ABL1958's Profile

WELCOME! October 19, 2003 :The weekend is over, sadly, and what a weekend it was! VT members Tom (Tompt) and his wife Gonnie joined us for two and a half days and got to know the Deep South a little better. What GREAT company they are and what fun we had!!! More on that in the future so be sure to check back :) There were others that had hoped to join us and couldn't make it, but the weekend flew by and we wish it didn't have to end. We miss Tom and Gonnie already!

Hello fellow travelers. Make yourself at home, pull up a chair, kick off your shoes, and tell us about where you've been and where you're headed now.

I'm so happy you stopped by. You can see I'm not a "world traveler" yet but it's on my agenda for the future and I'm excited about it. I was born in Paraguay, South America, and lived in England as a child, but have been in the USA for most of my life. Now it's time to explore the world and all it has to offer, as an adult. It has been great fun going from page to page reading other's pages and travelogues and learning about this beautiful planet of ours. The horizon is broad, the prospects are tantalizing!
Please give me feedback, or feel free to ask me questions about my little place in this world.

Well, we've done it! After meeting here on VT 3 years ago and getting married 2 years ago, Paul and I have decided to move on to a joint page and have named it "am&pm" after our initials. Look for us under that member name! We'll still maintain our present pages (this one and Seabreezeusa) but e-mail should be sent to our am&pm page. Thanks!!
Also take a peek at my sister's pages---VT member Skipmor---she has some nice info on Brno, Czech Republic, for instance. Thanks! :-)

A few quotes I enjoy (changes every once in a while so check back):

"The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers and cities; but to know someone here and there who thinks and feels with us, and though distant, is close to us in spirit - this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden." --Johann von Goethe

"When I hear somebody sigh, 'Life is hard,' I am always tempted to ask, 'Compared to what?'"
-(Sydney Harris)

"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way."
-Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss)

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it
not."
-(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

"He giveth power to the faint, and to them that have no might he increaseth strength." (Isaiah 40:29)
_____________________________________

NEWS! NEWS!

Beginning June 28, 2003 I will no longer be a resident of Connecticut but will be moving to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, a long-awaited move to be with my husband, Paul. I am sooooo excited! I will miss Connecticut and the Berkshire Hills of MA where I spent so much of my life, but am looking forward to my move with anticipation and excitement. New accent, new food, new weather, new work, new home, NEW LIFE!

Paul and I are developing a joint VT page under the name "am&pm" (using our initials). I still want to keep my original pages alive as I hope to add to them after we return to planned visits here again. Our travels together other than that will be seen on our joint page.
Thank you, VT, for being the medium that brought us together :) This site is great for that reason and many, many more!

• Intro Updated Jul 13, 2007

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
ABL1958's Profile Photo

ABL1958

“Visit member am&pm pages---that's us, too!”

Real Name