"Hello dear Travelers!" ABL1958's Profile
WELCOME! October 19, 2003 :The weekend is over, sadly, and what a weekend it was! VT members Tom (Tompt) and his wife Gonnie joined us for two and a half days and got to know the Deep South a little better. What GREAT company they are and what fun we had!!! More on that in the future so be sure to check back :) There were others that had hoped to join us and couldn't make it, but the weekend flew by and we wish it didn't have to end. We miss Tom and Gonnie already!
Hello fellow travelers. Make yourself at home, pull up a chair, kick off your shoes, and tell us about where you've been and where you're headed now.
I'm so happy you stopped by. You can see I'm not a "world traveler" yet but it's on my agenda for the future and I'm excited about it. I was born in Paraguay, South America, and lived in England as a child, but have been in the USA for most of my life. Now it's time to explore the world and all it has to offer, as an adult. It has been great fun going from page to page reading other's pages and travelogues and learning about this beautiful planet of ours. The horizon is broad, the prospects are tantalizing!
Please give me feedback, or feel free to ask me questions about my little place in this world.
Well, we've done it! After meeting here on VT 3 years ago and getting married 2 years ago, Paul and I have decided to move on to a joint page and have named it "am&pm" after our initials. Look for us under that member name! We'll still maintain our present pages (this one and Seabreezeusa) but e-mail should be sent to our am&pm page. Thanks!!
Also take a peek at my sister's pages---VT member Skipmor---she has some nice info on Brno, Czech Republic, for instance. Thanks! :-)
A few quotes I enjoy (changes every once in a while so check back):
"The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers and cities; but to know someone here and there who thinks and feels with us, and though distant, is close to us in spirit - this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden." --Johann von Goethe
"When I hear somebody sigh, 'Life is hard,' I am always tempted to ask, 'Compared to what?'"
"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way."
-Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it
-(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
"He giveth power to the faint, and to them that have no might he increaseth strength." (Isaiah 40:29)
Beginning June 28, 2003 I will no longer be a resident of Connecticut but will be moving to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, a long-awaited move to be with my husband, Paul. I am sooooo excited! I will miss Connecticut and the Berkshire Hills of MA where I spent so much of my life, but am looking forward to my move with anticipation and excitement. New accent, new food, new weather, new work, new home, NEW LIFE!
Paul and I are developing a joint VT page under the name "am&pm" (using our initials). I still want to keep my original pages alive as I hope to add to them after we return to planned visits here again. Our travels together other than that will be seen on our joint page.
Thank you, VT, for being the medium that brought us together :) This site is great for that reason and many, many more!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 64 Reviews
- 327 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Friendship and Food and a SWAMP TOUR??!!"
- ABL1958 and am&pm are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Hello dear Travelers!"
- updated a Brattleboro Travel Page "Vermont----The Green Mountains"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: bragging rights.....?"
- Commented on one of matcrazy1's Vilnius travel pages
- Wrote a Review While at Seneca Rocks one... in Seneca Rocks Things to Do
PhotosSee All Photos (327)
Top 10 Pages
- Connecticut Intro, 8 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Massachusetts Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Provincetown Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Baton Rouge Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mobile Intro, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mystic Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Franconia Intro, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brattleboro Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Calgary Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 7 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos