" Brienz, the pretty small village " Brienz by rebibi
Brienz Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 229 photos
The village of Brienz is well known as the center of the Bernese Oberland's wood carving trade. Popular destinations for excursions in this region are the Ballenberg open-air museum, where historical buildings from all over Switzerland are preserved, the famous Giessbach Falls and the Brienzer Rothorn.
Brienz lies at one of the coldest and deepest lakes of Switzerland, called lake Brienz.
Big carved bears at the entrance of Hotel Bären (=bear).
- Pros:Small and pretty
Take a bus from Brienz to the Open-Air Museum Ballenberg (about 5 - 10 min. to the west entrance). Walk along the paths... more travel advice
rebibi's Related Pages
Brienz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brienz was my home for 12 months some time ago"
- "Bautiful Brienz"
- "BRIENZ-----Quaint Lakeside Village"
- "Brienz - The town of wood-carvers"
- "Brienz and its Lake"
- " Brienz, the pretty small village "
- "From Luzern to Brienz"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brienz
- Hotels in Brienz
- Transportation in Brienz
- Restaurants in Brienz
- Shopping in Brienz
- Warnings and Dangers in Brienz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brienz
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Brienz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brienz
Top 10 Pages
- Zürich Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Moab Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bolzano Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Intro, 5 reviews, 46 photos, 7 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Norway Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos