"Saumnaun, the duty free aera of Switzerland" Top 5 Page for this destination Samnaun by rebibi

Samnaun Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 118 photos

Silvretta Arena

Saumnaun lies in the easter part of Switzerland, only 20 km away from the austrian border.
It's a duty free zone; especially gas and perfume are about 30% cheaper there.
Samnaun has also an excellent ski aera. You ski the Swiss and Austrian (Ischgl) part and you almost never realize the border. We enjoyed a very nice week there, with powder snow and blue sky.

the gondola

This two-storied gondola takes you up from Samnaun to Alp Trida Sattel. There you are already in the middle of the biggest ski area in the eastern alp. The gondola is made for 180 people, has a length of 2300 m and starts at 1840 m to 2562 m.

The mountains

At each peak you discover a new gorgeous panoramic view.

• Pros:duty free, small Village
  • Last visit to Samnaun: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 3, 2004

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 10:48 PM

Great landscapes! Wonderful page! Danke für die Geburtstagsgrüße!

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2006 at 11:43 AM

I was in the Engadine last trip and missed this find. I would have bought lots of perfume for me and everyone else. Wish I had looked here before last years trip. Just have to come back.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2004 at 11:03 PM

This skiing area stretching over two countries is really one of the greatest in the Eastern Alps. Nice pics and useful info. (I am often there).

• mabu's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2004 at 11:27 PM

Nice page!! It nearly looks like we were in Samnaun the same time! I'll have to go and build my page now....

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2004 at 7:01 AM

Wonderful new page Elizabeth!. Great photos and very informative, make me want to go skiing! :o)

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2004 at 3:15 PM

What great weather you had Elisabeth - the views are so clear. Thanks for the card from Munich - sounds like you enjoyed yourselves there too :-)

• alza's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2004 at 1:56 PM

Wonderful, rebibi! I don't ski as much as I used to but still want to go to the mountains! Schmuggler Alm and great food is enough for me! :-)

rebibi

“Life's not measured by the number of breath you take, but by the moments that take your breath away....”

Badges & Stats in Samnaun

Have you been to Samnaun?

Latest Activity in Samnaun