"Saumnaun, the duty free aera of Switzerland" Top 5 Page for this destination Samnaun by rebibi
Samnaun Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 118 photos
Saumnaun lies in the easter part of Switzerland, only 20 km away from the austrian border.
It's a duty free zone; especially gas and perfume are about 30% cheaper there.
Samnaun has also an excellent ski aera. You ski the Swiss and Austrian (Ischgl) part and you almost never realize the border. We enjoyed a very nice week there, with powder snow and blue sky.
This two-storied gondola takes you up from Samnaun to Alp Trida Sattel. There you are already in the middle of the biggest ski area in the eastern alp. The gondola is made for 180 people, has a length of 2300 m and starts at 1840 m to 2562 m.
- Pros:duty free, small Village
Take a closer look at these special "Engiadina houses". I like them very much. more travel advice
On your downhill to Samnaun you come accross Schmuggler Alm where you take your last break before entering Samnaun. A DJ... more travel advice
rebibi's Related Pages
Samnaun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On top of The World...."
- "Skiing and Duty Free Shopping"
- "Saumnaun, the duty free aera of Switzerland"
- "50 Duty Free Shops - and no airport!"
- "My extremely short first stay in Switzerland"
- "Five small villages"
- "duty free resort in Eastern Swiss alps"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Samnaun
- Hotels in Samnaun
- Transportation in Samnaun
- Nightlife in Samnaun
- Restaurants in Samnaun
- Shopping in Samnaun
- Warnings and Dangers in Samnaun
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Samnaun
- 8 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Samnaun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Samnaun
Photos in SamnaunSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Zürich Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Moab Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bolzano Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Intro, 5 reviews, 46 photos, 7 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Norway Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos