"Seefeld im Tirol" Top 5 Page for this destination Seefeld in Tirol by rebibi

Seefeld in Tirol Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 107 photos

A quaint village

Seefeld lies at 1200 m above sea level. It's an excellent starting-point for many hikes and also for a short trip to Innsbruck or Garmisch-Partenkirchen (both places within about a half-an-hour drive).

Seefeld itself offers a pedestrian zone in the old town and many hotels.

Tthey also have a little lake, called Wildsee, a real invitation to walk around.

The weekend we visited Seefeld we were lucky to attend the annual flower-corso (see travelogue)

Details of a windwow

Nowhere else but in Tirol and South-Tirol I found so many blooming flowers in front of the windows. and how they take care of them!

What a home!

On our walk from the hotel to the pedestrian area we came across this beautiful home.
Too bad it doesn't belong to me....

• Last visit to Seefeld in Tirol: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 16, 2003

• Jul 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM

always nice to see Fotos from Tirol !

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2006 at 2:21 AM

It seems a nice place to spend some time. Ciao!

• Dec 12, 2004 at 12:59 PM

Hi Elisabeth, Seefeld is very beautiful and your Sports Travel section reminded me of a time when I was a boy hiking and walking in the very same mountains, thanks for sharing. Regards Martin

• Maria_75's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2004 at 6:58 PM

You have a great page that gives a good feeling of how beautiful this place is! The funny thing is that we have taken pics of the same decorated house... ;)

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2004 at 12:55 PM

I would have to get a cable car up and down! What a shame about the hunter getting that animal :-(

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2004 at 6:35 PM

How pretty it is there with all their flowering window boxes. I wouldn't mind that home either. Stunning views on your hike. Your photos are fabulous. Happy NY to you Elisabeth.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2003 at 1:42 PM

Grand piece of Austria you have let us virtual wander with you.

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2003 at 3:56 AM

Elisabeth you have captured the "flavour " of this area so well!! Oh and I'd love those mountain railways too. LOL. A truly lovely page, thanx.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2003 at 2:23 AM

What a flowery travellogue! Very nice page!

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2003 at 4:32 AM

Nice page and Travelogue. There are lots of great hikes around Seefeld - you have clearly chosen the most spectacular one among the shorter hikes. (I live in neighbouring Telfs)

rebibi

“Life's not measured by the number of breath you take, but by the moments that take your breath away....”

Badges & Stats in Seefeld in Tirol

Have you been to Seefeld in Tirol?

Latest Activity in Seefeld in Tirol