"The place to get away to" Paje by clouds111
Paje Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 15 photos
We arrived in Paje right at the end of the rainy season, the sun was shining and the tide was out and there was not another soul in sight. This is what strikes you when you arrive here the pure solitude of it. No hulking hotels looming over the beach, no sellers hawking their wares just an endless stretch of powdery white sand. It may get busier as the weeks go on, if that is the case than early June is the time to go if you want that deserted island.
The small village has nothing but a small 'supermarket' selling the bare essentials. Not a shop in sight selling souveniers or knocked off designer gear.
The people here are so friendly and it is really worth spending the time getting to know, because you can make some very good friends.
It is basic but with the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean lapping at your feet, who needs anything more?
Paje seemed a popular place to kite surf during high tide. The wind is quite strong as the tide turns and a number of... more travel advice
A lot of places close during the rainy season, April-May. We arrived at the end of May and only Cristal Resort was open... more travel advice
clouds111's Related Pages
Paje Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Paje
- Hotels in Paje
- Transportation in Paje
- Nightlife in Paje
- Restaurants in Paje
- Shopping in Paje
- Warnings and Dangers in Paje
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paje
- 19 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Paje?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paje
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 34 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Goa Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos
- Paje Intro, 19 reviews, 11 photos
- Isla Margarita Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos