"Not just a cocktail..." Isla Margarita by clouds111
Isla Margarita Travel Guide: 164 reviews and 483 photos
Margarita is a holiday destination for Venezuelans flocking from the mainland, the beaches heave with people but if you search hard enough you can find a little piece of paradise on this busy tropical island.
You can find a bit of everything on Margarita, shopping malls, white sandy beaches, quiet little towns, old forts and semi-desert mountainous areas. There's lots to see and do and makes a good place to stop before setting off to the mainland with regular flights/ferries leaving the island every day.
The weather is good all year round so it makes a good destination and is also outside of the hurricane belt. However you probably would find better islands than this in the Caribbean if beaches are what you are after. But here there is the mix of Venezuela and the Caribbean you just need to venture outside of your all-inclusive hotel to find it.
The best place to eat on Playa Caribe and the food is gorgeous. All fresh especially the fish. You must try the catalan... more travel advice
This small town is home to the island's patroness - Virgen del Valle. A big plaza at one end a sweet looking church,... more travel advice
clouds111's Related Pages
Isla Margarita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The sunset isle"
- "Caribbean beauty"
- "Margarita Island, a quick look"
- "Isla Margaria - Pearl of the Carribean"
- "Isla Margarita"
- "Loved it"
- "Margarita Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Margarita
- Hotels in Isla Margarita
- Transportation in Isla Margarita
- Nightlife in Isla Margarita
- Restaurants in Isla Margarita
- Shopping in Isla Margarita
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla Margarita
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Isla Margarita
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Isla Margarita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Margarita
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 34 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Goa Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos
- Paje Intro, 19 reviews, 11 photos
- Isla Margarita Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos