"Samui Sun" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui by clouds111
Ko Samui Travel Guide: 1,117 reviews and 2,462 photos
Koh Samui was a fantastic place. My friend and I went in 2006 and absolutely loved it and is what has given me my travel bug. This camp, colourful place has something for everyone.
Some people go there expecting it to be paradise... it isn't. Yes the beaches are great, the scenery - spectacular but there is a seedy, dirty side to Samui. The streets can be dirty and smelly, you can get hassel on the beach or on the streets and there is the young Thai girls and the older men from abroad..... BUT this is what makes Samui brilliant! It's a great mix of Bangkok and beach all wrapped up in one island.
It probably does attract the younger/backpacker style of people or those looking for good nightlife and party scene. But there is lots to offer and it's quite easy to escape the madness to the other, quieter side of the island. It is in hopping distance to Ko Phangan and the great diving on Ko Tao.
It's not as striking as Krabi but if you don't go there expecting the Maldives then you'll have the best time!
Al's huts are a cheap and cheerful place to stay in Chaweng and you will in right in the centre of things. The huts are... more travel advice
Lamai Beach is not as as long as Chaweng but it is quieter, despite this I preferred Chaweng. The southern part of the... more travel advice
- See All Full moon party
- See All Roads
- See All Tailors
- Mosquito Repellent
clouds111's Related Pages
Ko Samui Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Koh Samui"
- "REVIVAL TOUR 2008-?"
- "Samui Sun"
- "Ko Samui - something for everyone"
- "Ko Samui"
- "Koh Samui"
- "Koh Samui - Beautiful Island in South Thailand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Samui
- Hotels in Ko Samui
- Transportation in Ko Samui
- Nightlife in Ko Samui
- Restaurants in Ko Samui
- Shopping in Ko Samui
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Samui
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Samui
- 34 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ko Samui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Samui
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 34 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Goa Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos
- Paje Intro, 19 reviews, 11 photos
- Isla Margarita Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos