"Rattenberg - Sits Pretty on the banks of the Inn" Top 5 Page for this destination Rattenberg by mlbk888
Rattenberg Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 88 photos
With a population of around 400, Rattenberg is officially the smallest town in Austria. It is located between the River Inn and the Rat Mountains in what appears to be a very narrow strip of land.
Its main street, the Sudtirolerstrasse may not be as long or wide as the Champs Elysee in Paris, but it certainly can lay claim to being one of the prettiest main streets.
There is an abundance of glass blowers in Rattenberg. Hence its streets are lined with many glass blowers' workshops and galleries. You can pick up small souvenirs like crystal animals and angels to bring home which are relatively inexpensive compared to what similar shops are charging in the big cities.
Gasthaus Kanzler Biener Restaurant Café Bar serves authentic Tyrolean food. We were attracted to this particular restaurant largely by the huge crowd of lunchers there. I highly recommend any visitor to Rattenberg to eat here - you will not walk away unfulfilled.
I had Tyrolean dumplings in a cream sauce (Austria's version of the Italian gnocchi) and my wife had Goulash soup with bread and salad. Both dishes were up to notch.
mlbk888's Related Pages
Rattenberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Austria's smallest cities"
- "Rattenberg, Tyrol"
- "Ancient Tirolean glass and Crystal town!"
- "Rattenberg - Sits Pretty on the banks of the Inn"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rattenberg
- Transportation in Rattenberg
- Restaurants in Rattenberg
- Shopping in Rattenberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rattenberg
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Rattenberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rattenberg
Photos in RattenbergSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City 9 reviews, 29 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Sankt Gilgen Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rattenberg Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Mondsee Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Bolzano 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Philadelphia 1 review, 4 photos
- Reith im Alpbachtal 1 review, 2 photos
- Kuala Lumpur 1 review
No friends yet.