Bucharest Transportation Tips by Vanity666
Bucharest Transportation: 117 reviews and 129 photos
If you go to Bucharest from Belgrade, or the same way back, in winter be prepared for terrible train with no heating (until you reach Timisoara and they put stronger Romanian locomotive, after which you finally get some heat, but can't reduce it so you will find yourself sitting in a t-shirt), you sit on the left side of the seat and the right side goes up, dirty windows SEALED WITH BROWN DUCK TAPE!!!! so the wind doesn't blow through them. You can't open the windows, of course. The toilets are disgusting, water is all around, sometimes frozen on the floor so can be very slippery, some doors of the wagons can't be closed so they are TIED WITH A CHAIN to the hand-hold.
Also, when you finally get some heat, you can't sleep because policemen come in and tell you not to sleep because of thieves. Great.
And for this route you need a reservation. Or you don't. When I asked the conductor if I need the reservation, he told me: "Yes, and no. If you didn't have one, I could have written you one now. Or not. Depends how I feel at the moment."
I can't imagine how does it feel to go with this train in summer. Eeew.
I could write about this train from hell forever, but don't want to ruin your joy before you experience this.
Photos tell 1000 words.
Metro connects most of Bucharest main attractions so it is really easy to reach them.
More Reviews (33)
Vanity666's Related Pages
Bucharest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Thrill, a Challenge, a Laughter"
- "About my homecity - Bucharest"
- "I learned to love it"
- "Bucharest, Romania"
- "Bucharest / Bucureşti"
- "Bucharest - Trapped Between Past And Future"
- "Bucharest-1st stop on a Romania tour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bucharest
- Hotels in Bucharest
- Transportation in Bucharest
- Nightlife in Bucharest
- Restaurants in Bucharest
- Shopping in Bucharest
- Warnings and Dangers in Bucharest
- See All...
Explore the World
- Istanbul Hotels
- Palma de Mallorca
- Hurghada Hotels
- Barcelona Hotels
- Southern Province Hotels
- Las Vegas
Badges & Stats in Bucharest
- 35 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Bucharest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bucharest
Photos in BucharestSee All Photos (75)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 28 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 28 reviews, 89 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos
- Marija Bistrica Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos
- Nin Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mainau Intro, 15 reviews, 46 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (48)
Latest Bucharest hotel reviews
- Crystal Palace
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 31, 2008
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 21, 2012
- Ramada Hotel Bucharest Parc
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Howard Johnson Grand Plaza Bucharest
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Carol Parc Hotel
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- GreenClub Hotels Bucharest
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Class Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 20, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Bucharest
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2013
- Rin Grand Hotel
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Hotel Helvetia
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Vila 11 Bed & Breakfast
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2012
- Parliament Palace (Casa Poporului)- 70 Reviews, 128 Photos
- Buildings of Bucharest- 93 Reviews, 253 Photos
- Churches- 86 Reviews, 237 Photos
- Old Town area- 17 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Cismigiu Park- 31 Reviews, 86 Photos
- Village Museum- 26 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Palaces in Bucharest- 39 Reviews, 85 Photos
- Herastrau Park- 19 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Boulevards- 34 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Romanian Athenaeum- 24 Reviews, 47 Photos
See All Bucharest Things to Do