"Wadowice" Top 5 Page for this destination Wadowice by Vanity666
Wadowice Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 394 photos
Wadowice (pronounced "vah-doh-vee-tzeh", is a town in southern Poland, 50km from Kraków with 19,200 inhabitants (2006), situated on the Skawa river, confluence of Vistula, in the eastern part of Silesian Plateau (Pogórze Ślaskie). Wadowice was the birthplace of Pope John Paul II (1920).
On our way to Warsaw we stopped to see the birthplace of pope John Paul II. The Nazi camp Auschwitz is not far but we were in a hurry so I had no time to go and visit it, hope some day I'll take a visit.
This is the house in which the Karol Jozef Wojtyła was born in 1920. Nowadays it is used as a museum. Museum of the... more travel advice
Vanity666's Related Pages
Wadowice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Birthplace of pope John Paul II"
- "Hometown of John Paul II"
- "Day trip from Krakow - Euromeet 2010"
- "Wadowice - ( Vah-do-vee-tsah)"
- "POPE in Krakow 1 + VT-er's opinions"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wadowice
- Transportation in Wadowice
- Nightlife in Wadowice
- Restaurants in Wadowice
- Shopping in Wadowice
- Warnings and Dangers in Wadowice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wadowice
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Wadowice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wadowice
Photos in WadowiceSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 28 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 28 reviews, 89 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos
- Marija Bistrica Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos
- Nin Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mainau Intro, 15 reviews, 46 photos