"Wisla" Wisla by Vanity666
Wisla Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 14 photos
Wisła is a town in Cieszyn County, Silesian Voivodeship, southern Poland, with a population of about 11,810 (2006), near the border with Czech Republic in the historical region of Cieszyn Silesia. It is situated in the Silesian Beskids mountain range. Wisła is the Polish name for the Vistula River, which has its source in the mountains near the town.
Located near the national tourist centre Ondraszek, Wisła is a popular year-round tourist destination, with the nearby mountains favoured by ski jumpers. It is known for being the home town of ski jumper Adam Małysz, and for the fact that it is the only town in Poland with a majority Protestant population.
Wisła is also the home of the Beskid Museum, on B. Hoff square. It has on display agricultural tools, folk costumes and goatskin bagpipes from the surrounding region.
In Wisła a trail starts that leads to the Stożek Wielki, a mountain on the border with the Czech Republic that reaches a height of 978 meters.
Wisla is the only town in Poland with a Protestant majority.
This is the stage for various concerts and performances. Its roof allows both the performers and audience to be safe... more travel advice
Vanity666's Related Pages
Wisla Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Wisla
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Wisla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wisla
Photos in WislaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 28 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 28 reviews, 89 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos
- Marija Bistrica Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos
- Nin Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mainau Intro, 15 reviews, 46 photos