"Prespansko jezero" Prespansko Ezero by Vanity666
Prespansko Ezero Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 9 photos
Prespansko jezero or Lake Prespa is the name of two freshwater lakes in southeast Europe, shared by Greece, Albania, and the Republic of Macedonia. Of the total surface area, 190 km² belongs to the Republic of Macedonia, 84.8 km² to Greece and 38.8 km² to Albania. They are the highest tectonic lakes in the Balkans, standing at an altitude of 853m.
Because Great Prespa Lake sits about 150m above Lake Ohrid, which lies only about 10 km (6 miles) to the west, its waters run through underground channels in the karst and emerge from springs which feed streams running into Lake Ohrid.
With an abundance of rare fauna and flora, the area was declared a Transnational Park in 2000. The area contains four National Parks located in Albania, Greece, and Republic of Macedonia.
Sandy beach on the shores of lake Prespa. Water is clean and it's quite shallow, so you can take your children there... more travel advice
Vanity666's Related Pages
Prespansko Ezero Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Prespansko Ezero
- Hotels in Prespansko Ezero
- Restaurants in Prespansko Ezero
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prespansko Ezero
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Prespansko Ezero?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prespansko Ezero
Photos in Prespansko EzeroSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 28 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 28 reviews, 89 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos
- Marija Bistrica Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos
- Nin Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Vinnitsa Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos