"Ilok" Ilok by Vanity666
Ilok Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 70 photos
Ilok is the easternmost town and municipality in Croatia. Located in the Syrmia region, it lies on a hill overlooking the Danube river, which forms the border with the Vojvodina region of Serbia. The population of the town of Ilok is 5,897, while the total municipality population is 8,351 (census 2001). The town is home to a Franciscan monastery and Ilok Castle, which is a popular day trip for domestic tourists.
The important cultural and historical heritage with Gothic churches being the most distinguished objects representing the borderline between the western and eastern art, as well as the relicts of Islamic architecture make Ilok a very interesting town of this part of Croatia.
Ilok is also the centre of the rich wine-growing region. The grape harvest of Ilok represents a traditional annual event in the town (end of September, beginning of October). The Ilok wines (Traminer, Burgundy, Grasevina) as well as the excellent Ilok cuisine are famous beyond the Croatian borders.
Wine growing and production have had an uninterrupted tradition of almost 1,800 years in the region of Ilok. In the 3rd... more travel advice
Vanity666's Related Pages
Ilok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ilok - Easternmost point of Croatia"
- "Ilok Wine Cellars"
- "Danubium Kingdom of Wine and times gone by"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ilok
- Hotels in Ilok
- Transportation in Ilok
- Nightlife in Ilok
- Restaurants in Ilok
- Shopping in Ilok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ilok
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Ilok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ilok
Photos in IlokSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 28 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 28 reviews, 89 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos
- Marija Bistrica Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos
- Nin Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Vinnitsa Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos