"Vrbnik on island Krk" Vrbnik by Vanity666
Vrbnik Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 50 photos
Vrbnik is placed in the north-east part of the island; it is a medieval castle-town climbed on a cliff more than 50m vertically on the sea.
It is recommended the restaurant "Nada" (reservation necessary), and the "konoba" situated below where it is possible to taste ham, sheep cheese, local wine (Zlahtina of Vrbnik) and corned sardines - all typical products of the island.
Many of the numerous churches and chapels in the territory are still visible: we would recall the parish church with its splendid Gothic chapel of the Rosary and the fourteenth-century chapel dedicated to Saint John the Baptist. Patron of Vrbnik.
The parish church also contains a real treasure consisting in antique manuscripts and Glagolitic documents. Also interesting is the documentation in the splendid Vitezic library, donated to Vrbnik by the local illustrious lawyer, historian and publicist, Dinko Vitezic.
This is a beautiful bay, just below the Vrbnik. The water is deep enough so you can jump in it from rocks, and this same... more travel advice
In 1855. this region was struck by cholera. So the people have taken a vow to Holy Mary and built this church in... more travel advice
Vanity666's Related Pages
Vrbnik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Town of exelent vine Vrbnicka Zlahtina"
- "Vrbnik on island Krk"
- "Eszter's Vrbnik Page"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Vrbnik
- 6 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Vrbnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vrbnik
Photos in VrbnikSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 28 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 28 reviews, 89 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos
- Marija Bistrica Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos
- Nin Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Vinnitsa Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos