"Zadar" Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar by Vanity666
Zadar Travel Guide: 369 reviews and 1,168 photos
Zadar (Latin: Iadera, Italian: Zara) is a city in Croatia on the Adriatic Sea. It is the fifth largest Croatian city. 93% of its citizens are ethnic Croats (2001 census).
It is the centre of modern Croatia's Zadar county and the wider northern Dalmatian region. Zadar is located opposite the islands of Ugljan and Pašman, from which it is separated by the narrow Zadar Strait.
The promontory on which the old city stands used to be separated from the mainland by a deep moat which has since become a landfill. The harbor, to the north-east of the town, is safe and spacious.
Zadar is the seat of a Roman Catholic archbishop.
After the world-known Sea Organs, Zadar has become wealthier with one more urban installation. On Istarska obala, at the... more travel advice
Vanity666's Related Pages
Zadar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "stones well beaten and sounds of the sea"
- "City with a Soul"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zadar
- Hotels in Zadar
- Transportation in Zadar
- Nightlife in Zadar
- Restaurants in Zadar
- Shopping in Zadar
- Warnings and Dangers in Zadar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zadar
- 28 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Zadar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zadar
Photos in ZadarSee All Photos (89)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 28 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 28 reviews, 89 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos
- Marija Bistrica Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos
- Nin Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Vinnitsa Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos