"Ptuj" Mestna Obcina Ptuj by Vanity666
Mestna Obcina Ptuj Travel Guide: 134 reviews and 431 photos
Ptuj is a city and one of 11 urban municipalities in Slovenia. It is situated in Lower Styria (northeastern Slovenia), and has about 23,000 inhabitants.
It is a colorful city with a diverse nightlife. There are many parks and public spaces inside and outside of the city. The nearest airports are Ptuj Sport Airfield (Moškanjci), which is seven kilometers away, and Maribor Edvard Rusjan Airport, which is eighteen kilometers away.
Ptuj is the oldest city in Slovenia. It dates back to the Stone Age and was settled by Celts by the Late Iron Age. By the 1st century BC, the settlement was controlled by Ancient Rome. In 69 AD, Vespasian was elected Roman Emperor by his legions in Ptuj, and the first written mention of the town of Ptuj is from the same year. The city of Poetovio was the base-camp of Legio XIII Gemina in Pannonia. The name originated in the times of Emperor Trajan, who granted the settlement city status and named it Colonia Ulpia Traiana Poetovio in 103.
I was amazed to find the instruments section, with various instruments in almost perfect condition. more travel advice
Vanity666's Related Pages
Mestna Obcina Ptuj Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A wonderful surprise"
- "Just Ptuj, actually.............."
- "Beautiful ol"
- "Ptuj the red roofs town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mestna Obcina Ptuj
- Hotels in Mestna Obcina Ptuj
- Transportation in Mestna Obcina Ptuj
- Nightlife in Mestna Obcina Ptuj
- Restaurants in Mestna Obcina Ptuj
- Shopping in Mestna Obcina Ptuj
- Warnings and Dangers in Mestna Obcina Ptuj
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mestna Obcina Ptuj
- 7 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Mestna Obcina Ptuj?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mestna Obcina Ptuj
Photos in Mestna Obcina PtujSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 28 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar Intro, 28 reviews, 89 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos
- Marija Bistrica Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos
- Nin Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Vinnitsa Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos