"Basaic Torrington Page" Torrington by Basaic
Torrington Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 20 photos
Torrington is the county seat of Goshen County, with a population of around 6000. It is in the Southeastern part of the state at the intersection of US Highways 85 and 26. The city was founded around the 1880s by W.G. Curtis and named by him for his home town of Torrington, CT. When Goshen County was formed in 1911 Torrington and Lingle competed to become the county seat and Torrington won by raising enough money to build the courthouse in 1913.
I came to Torrington on Day 72 of my roadtrip, and was kinda tired so I didn't do much here except eat, sleep and drink two rum and cokes. Seemed like a nice enough town. I need to go back someday.
The Showtime Lounge is a sports bar with occasional live music and a small dance floor. It is attached to the Days Inn.... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Torrington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the Oregon Trail"
- "Basaic Torrington Page"
- "Getting To Know My New Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torrington
- Hotels in Torrington
- Nightlife in Torrington
- Restaurants in Torrington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torrington
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1379)
Have you been to Torrington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torrington
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 223 reviews, 553 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 225 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos