"Basaic Olympic National Park Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park by Basaic

Olympic National Park Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 782 photos

Olympic National Park

To me, one of the most beautiful places in Washington State is the Olympic Peninsula. Most of the peninsula is taken up by Olympic National Park. Olympic National Park pretty much has it all, mountains, lakes, rivers, rain forests, even beaches on the Pacific Ocean. Start your visit at one of the visitors centers where you can get maps of the park and information to help you plan your visit. If you can, try to visit the three main parts of the park: The mountains; the rain forests; and the beaches.

The Rain Forest

One of the interesting attractions in the Hoh Rain Forest area are the 270 foot tall Sitka Spruce Trees.

Beaches

When I tried to pick which beaches to visit one choice was easy. I had to see Ruby Beach because that is the name of two people very dear to me (my mother and a great-niece).

• Last visit to Olympic National Park: Oct 2010
  • Intro Updated Dec 4, 2010

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Nice writeup of Olympic National Park. I haven't been here - hope to do so one day. SL :)

• JessieLang's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Great page. (I don't do trails where I have to throw rocks at charging goats--that's another trail not on my list!)

Basaic

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”

Badges & Stats in Olympic National Park

Have you been to Olympic National Park?