"Basaic Mount Rainier National Park Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Rainier National Park by Basaic
Mount Rainier National Park Travel Guide: 249 reviews and 579 photos
Mount Rainier National Park preserves a vast mountain wonderland with a wide variety of plant and animal life for you to enjoy. The best place to start is at one of the visitors centers where you can get a map of the park, informative brochures, and advice from the knowledgeable and helpful rangers to help you plan your visit.
Mount Rainier is 14,410 feet high and is home to a number of glaciers and year-round snowfields. If you catch it on a clear day, you can get a number of beautiful views of the mountain along the roads through the park. On my last visit you could not see the mountain at all, until I drove up the road to about 5000 feet in elevation. Then I drove out of the clouds to a nice viewpoint then continued on to Sunrise Lodge. The view was awe-inspiring. Like Mount St Helen's Mount Rainier is a volcano and could erupt at any time. I hope this does not happen for quite a while, I own a home nearby.
Although it is by far the most obvious, Mount Rainier is not the only thing to see in the park. There are several mointain meadows that are dotted with colorful flowers in the right season, a variety of animals, waterfalls, rivers, and lakes. There are also miles and miles of hiking trails ranging from short, easy trails to longer strenuous back-country trails.
This is a very rugged and desolate area. Emergency response will be difficult and require some time. There are a lot of... more travel advice
The Wonderland Trail circles through the park and is a total of 93 mile in length. It connects with many of the other... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Mount Rainier National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perfect Everday in its own Special Way:Mt. Rainier"
- "Basaic Mount Rainier National Park Page"
- "WASHINGTON'S MASSIVE GLACIATED GLORY"
- "Mt. Rainier National Park"
- "Mount Rainier National Park"
- "Drive thru Mt Ranier"
- "Welcome to Mount Rainer National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Rainier National Park
- Hotels in Mount Rainier National Park
- Transportation in Mount Rainier National Park
- Nightlife in Mount Rainier National Park
- Restaurants in Mount Rainier National Park
- Shopping in Mount Rainier National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Rainier National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Rainier National Park
- 54 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1321)
Have you been to Mount Rainier National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Rainier National Park
Photos in Mount Rainier National ParkSee All Photos (101)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 223 reviews, 553 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 217 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos