"Basaic Dinosaur National Monument Page" Dinosaur National Monument by Basaic
Dinosaur National Monument Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 32 photos
Dinosaur National Monument is sort of divided into two parts. There is the Utah side which has some scenery and historical sites; but is mostly about the dinosaurs and the Colorado side which is all about scenery and history with NO dinosaurs. The best place to start, especially if you came here for the titular dinosaurs is the visitors center on the Utah side.
To get to the dinosaur quarry, you will have to take the shuttle (there are special provisions for the handicapped, just ask the rangers). There is an attractive building here that is built against the side of a cliff. On the inside you can see an area where they have partially excavated some dinosaur bones showing how rthey look when discovered. Rangers and other volunteers will be here to explain the process and exactly what you are seeing. There are a couple of hiking trails that run by here too, but I did not take them.
There is also evidence of prehistoric Indians inhabiting the area in the form of petroglyphs and pictographs.
- In a nutshell:A Very Interesting Glimpse into the Distant Past
Basaic's Related Pages
Dinosaur National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dinosaur National Monument"
- "Worth a look"
- "Behold mighty dinosaur!"
- "Basaic Dinosaur National Monument Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dinosaur National Monument
- Hotels in Dinosaur National Monument
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tower-Soudan State Park Hotels
- Union Territory of Daman and Diu Hotels
- Port Everglades Hotels
- Changi Beach Park Hotels
- Menton Hotels
- Chandannagar Hotels
- San Felíu de Guixols
- San Vicente de la Barquera
- Vero Beach
- Province of Ilocos Norte
Badges & Stats in Dinosaur National Monument
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Dinosaur National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dinosaur National Monument
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos