"The Basaic Van Horn Page" Van Horn by Basaic
Van Horn Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 32 photos
The location of Van Horn makes it a great place to stay while exploring the Gudalups Mountains National Park, the Fort Davis National Historic Site, the Davis Mountains State Park and other attractions in West Texas.
The Clark Hotel was chosen as the location of the Culberson County Courthouse from 1911 to 1912 when a permanent courthouse was completed. Today it is a museum with lots of memorabilia about the town and west Texas in the early 1900s.
In 1930, the Hotel El Capitan was one of the nicer places to stay in West Texas. It has been renovated to recapture the luxury of yesteryear.
$54 in April 2012. This hotel had a few extras, and I liked the younger Indian guy that worked there. An added bonus was... more travel advice
The El Capitan Hotel was begun in 1927 and opened in 1930. It was built by Charles Bassett based on a design by the... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Van Horn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Basaic Van Horn Page"
- "heplion's new Van Horn Page"
- "Far West Texas"
- "Van Horn - Gateway to Marfa"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Van Horn
- 10 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (138)
Have you been to Van Horn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Van Horn
Photos in Van HornSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos