"Basaic Odessa Page" Odessa by Basaic
Odessa Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 9 photos
Odessa, along with the nearby city of Midland, are about halfway between Dallas and El Paso. Odessa is a fairly big city with a population of just under 100,000. Odessa has been a center of the oil industry in the Permian Basin since the 1920s and still is today. There are a number of attractions nearby and the town has professional hockey and indoor football teams. Odessa is the county seat of Ector County. Ector County was organized in 1891 and the current courthouse (the 4th on this site) was built in 1964.
This attractive home was completed in 1935 and was the headquarters for the ranching operations of Jim and Bessie Parker. Today it is a museum depicting area history and the history of ranching.
Bad news, the cutest girl in Odessa has now moved to Florida.
Desert Thunder Raceway is a 1/8 mile drag racing track open to everyone from beginners to professionals. Had a strong... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Odessa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Odessa Page"
- "tc25's new Odessa Page"
- "Live in Odessa-Midland - Twin cities"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Odessa
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Odessa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Odessa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 114 reviews, 209 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos