"Basaic Midland Page" Midland by Basaic
Midland Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 98 photos
Midland is a decent sized city of about 111,000 (closer to 150,000 with the current oil boom) and is the county seat of Midland County. The town was founded in 1881 as the midpoint between Fort Worth and El Paso. It is the hometown of former First Lady Laura Bush and the one time home of both former presidents Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush. Midland was a big part of the Texas oil rush when oil was discovered in the Permian Basin and is the home of the Permian Basin Petroleum Museum.
I prefer Midland to nearby Odessa (since my niece moved away from Odessa).
The Yucca Theatre was built in 1927 under the authority of Texas oilman and former Montana Senator T. S. Hogan. The theatre was multi-purpose with areas for broadway type shows, movies, and other forms of entertainment required by the growing wealth in the area from the oil industry. The building was designed by noted Fort Worth architect Wyatt C. Hedrick who used an elaborate facade with Gothic Revival detailing to create this unique and beautiful building.
The Brown-Dorsey Home was built around 1899 and is the oldest surviving home in Midland. The home has been fully restored and furnished with items from the time period. It currently serves as a museum.
This ballpark is the home of the AA Midland Rockhounds an affiliate of the Oakland A's. The season runs April to August. more travel advice
The Midland Fire Museum, located in the main fire station, houses the first two fire engines used by the town along with... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Midland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Midland Page"
- "Midland, TEXAS"
- "ron915's - Midland, Texas Page"
- "MJV's new Midland Page"
- "MIDLAND, TEXAS"
- ".... in the middle of somewhere ! What a slogan!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Midland
- Hotels in Midland
- Transportation in Midland
- Nightlife in Midland
- Restaurants in Midland
- Warnings and Dangers in Midland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Midland
- 32 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1720)
Have you been to Midland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Midland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 554 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos