"Basaic Lubbock Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Lubbock by Basaic
Lubbock Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 90 photos
Lubbock is a fairly large city of 230,000 (up 16% since 2000) located at the intersection of four US Highways (62, 82, 84, and 87) and Interstate 10; in the Panhandle Plains part of West Texas. Lubbock is the county seat of Lubbock County. Both the city and the county were named after Colonel T. S. Lubbock, a businessman and soldier who fought for Texas dusing the Civil War. Lubbock died during the war; but of typhoid fever, not bullets. Lubbock County was formed in 1876 and although the area of the city of Lubbock was occupied around then the city was not officially formed until 1890. There are two universities and a number of attractions in Lubbock.
There are 3 historic districts and 11 individual listings listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Lubbock. There are quite a few buildings of historical and/or architectural interest here. One area I especially liked is around the old railroad depot.
One of the most famous citizens of Lubbock was Buddy Holly. No visit to Lubbock is complete without a visit to the Buddy Holly Center, the Buddy Holly statue and the Music Wall of Fame, especially for music lovers.
- In a nutshell:Buddy Holly and More
To me though the best place to go to taste wine, and possibly buy a bottle, in this part of Texas is probably... more travel advice
Another big part of the complex of the Museum of Texas Tech Universirt is the Center for Contemporary Art and the Helen... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Lubbock Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Lubbock Page"
- "Great College Town"
- "Hub of the South Plains"
- "barisadlertx's new Lubbock Page"
- "Randy_H's new Lubbock Page"
- "West Texas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lubbock
- Hotels in Lubbock
- Transportation in Lubbock
- Nightlife in Lubbock
- Restaurants in Lubbock
- Warnings and Dangers in Lubbock
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lubbock
- 16 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Lubbock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lubbock
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 114 reviews, 209 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos