"A Growing City in East Texas" Top 5 Page for this destination Longview by Basaic
Longview Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 10 photos
In May 1871, the City of Longview was officially incorporated. It really took off and grew starting around the 1930s, because of all the oilfields in Eastern Texas.
There are about 75,000 people residing in Longview. Longview has rail service by AMTRAK and Air Service to Dallas/Fort Worth. It is also located at the intersection of US Highway 80 and US Highway 259, and is just North of I 20. Longview is the county seat of Gregg County.
Longview is less than 30 miles from the Louisiana Border and about 140 miles east of Dallas. There are several state parks: Daingerfield; Caddo Lake; Star Family; Tyler and Martin Creek Lake; near Longview.
Like most Motel 6's this one offers good basic accomodations. If you are looking for an inexpensive room that is fine... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Longview Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Growing City in East Texas"
- "Just a Place Holder..."
- "Longview - my former home away from home!"
- "RSanchez31's new Longview Page"
- "Nathan Brown's Longview Page"
- "Where I Grew Up"
- "pain_6_delta's new Longview Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Longview
- Hotels in Longview
- Transportation in Longview
- Restaurants in Longview
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Longview
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1312)
Have you been to Longview?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Longview
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 223 reviews, 553 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 217 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos